Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-07-2014, 09:49 AM

Took AHKPRM3JTMMJ, thanks!
Old 02-07-2014, 09:53 AM

Hanna,

Can you post here the changes you made in the upcoming update, particularly with respect to the balancing issue other posters have previously mentioned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mana Giant View Post
The update is just behind the corner, weíll keep you posted once it goes live!

In the meanwhile, If youíre struggling with the Crystal Tower and wondering how to kill that son-of-a-monster at the very end, you might find this gameplay video very useful.

Hanna / Mana Giant
Old 02-07-2014, 10:21 AM

Took Y37KW7MK4HJ4
I will also give it a review. Thanks for the code.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:29 PM

Hello,

Here's the full list of what's new in the upcoming update:
- - -

- All Premium Character Enhancement Items now able to be acquired using Crystals (NOTE: These are optional items for competitive play and *not* required for main path story progression)
- Many More Crystals from:
* Gold and Crystal Level Key Awards
* Character Leveling
* Crystal Chests in quests
* Quest Journal Task Completion
- Video Sharing so you can show how you vanquished a difficult monster or earned a crystal key on a quest
- 3 New Quests: Bleak Flats, Black Garden, Stagnant Harbour
- Garden Area/First 5 quests tuned for easier Crystal Level Key Earning
- Scrollable Top 10 Leaderboards (expanded from 3 so you can see more of your friend's scores)
- Conquer Friend Score Push Notification when you beat a friend's score
- Quick Kill Encounter Timer Added for bonus mana rewards
- UI, Graphic, and Tutorial Improvements
- Bug Fixes
- Game Guide

- - -

Thanks for all the feedback here this far - looking forward seeing more!

- Magus of Many
Old 02-09-2014, 02:17 PM

Greetings!

Wizard Quest 2.1.0 update was released today! You can find the feature list above here in my previous post.

Thanks in advance to everyone updating the game or grabbing it as new, and checking what we've worked on there. Hope you enjoy playing!
Looking forward to any and all feedback - we value your comments greatly.

We're also working on the next update as we speak, so there's definitely more to come into world of Wizard Quest...

- Magus of Many
Old 02-10-2014, 11:02 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Still not recommendable after the update. I played about three and a half hours into the game, until I gave up. An interesting concept buried under a laughable high difficulty degree forcing you into consumable iAPs, which I detest. Today I read a review on pocketgamer, which nails it:
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhon...ew.asp?c=57231

Last edited by abstractgamefreak; 02-10-2014 at 11:06 AM..
Old 02-10-2014, 11:09 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by abstractgamefreak View Post
Still not recommendable after the update. I played about three and a half hours into the game, until I gave up. An interesting concept buried under a laughable high difficulty degree forcing you into consumable iAPs, which I detest. Today I read a review on pocketgamer, which nails it:
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhon...ew.asp?c=57231
I put about the same amount of time into the game and came to the same conclusion as you. That review mirrors my experience to the letter.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:48 AM

Yikes about the previous posters' impression and the Pocket Gamer review (reviewing the 2.1.0 updated version)!

Any response from Mana Giant?
Old 02-10-2014, 04:03 PM

Hi,

Tango & abstractgamefreak, it would be interesting to hear the whereabouts in the game you stopped playing? Which Quests proved to be too difficult etc.
If you'd like, we can post solution videos to any levels you are having trouble with. We want users to enjoy the game and progress. Difficulty was intended to be advanced gameplay, so if you need assistance with the harder levels, we want to help.

One thing to notice is that the PG review claimed to be on version 2.1.0, but it's actually 2.0.0. Can tell it by the screenshots and the fact she's referring to Character Item IAPs with real money prices.

Cheers,

- Magus of Many
Old 03-15-2014, 03:38 PM

I bought this game when it still cost $.99 and before the update adjusting the Crystal reward rate etc.

I really like the core gameplay mechanics and the difficulty is very high too, which is good.

I haven't spent any money on IAPs. So far I've completed the first map section achiving crystal keys on 95% of the quests. I'm working my way through the second map section.

I haven't felt like the game pushed me towards the in app purchases but I wonder if that is because of the choices that I made about how to spend the crystal rewards. I suspect that if I had made different choices the game may have become too difficult. With a game that has this high difficulty those changes can push it into the territory of being too frustrating.

If you manage your Crystals well and make the right purchases I think the balance is good. I only found myself getting really frustrated with one Quest. (The deep) I beat that by changing my strategy and using different weapons, which is a sign of good design in my opinion.

If on the other hand you spend your crystals on continuing after dying or on the wrong rewards I think you'll have a much more difficult or frustrating time.

This is a shame, because I think this game is really excellent and obviously a lot of thought was put into the design and the gameplay is great. It's one of my favorites on the app store right now.

I encourage anyone to give this game a chance, especially now that it's free, it's worth it.