Best strategy to seek out developers?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by windrider07, Sep 21, 2012.

1. windrider07

windrider07 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I've seen many game companies source out game developers for their own needs....how do they do it? Do they find companies somewhere? Do they have connections?

2. blot-blaqksheep

blot-blaqksheep Active Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Programmer
    Buffalo NY
    I'd have to say that LinkedIn and other sites of that nature would help with networking. Social media like Twitter would help too.

Infinite Ammo found some graphics guy from Columbia or something to help with game artwork through Twitter. They work together from almost across the world.

3. R3v

R3v Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    CMO @ PIXEL FEDERATION
    The best hiring tool you can use is your personal network. Connections, connections of connections, etc. Twitter is perfect tool for being in touch with first class developers (at least in my country), then there are blogs, developer meet-ups, conferences, workshops. Go everywhere you can build a personal relationship. And after that, if all personal ways fail, you can still start looking around on LinkedIn.

4. Moonjump

Moonjump Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Game designer
    Lincoln, UK
    Find an app that you think is good quality, and shares something with what you want a developer for, then use the support email link on their App Store page. Or search for their website and an email link there.

5. Rainier

Rainier Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    I've found some developers through Guru.com, and some from ELance.com, and they have ratings and comments from people who've hired them in the past, so you don't go in blindly.