Codesign verification error...HELP

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Kriio, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Kriio

Kriio Active Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Budget and Finance Analyst
    NYC
    Hi everyone,

I downloaded the application loader and made a distribution profile for the app store. i changed the identifiers in project to the new distribution profile. I found the myapp.app and compressed it and tried to upload it but it gives me this error

"application failed codesign verification. the signature was invalid, or it was not signed with a apple certificate"...ive been reading forums and everythig, i still do not understand what i am doing wrong. when i go to the myapp.app file, it has a circle with a slash on top. Any ideas? thank you

2. u2elan

u2elan Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    iOS Developer
    Portland, OR
    Did you get an App Store distribution provisioning profile and build for release?

3. Kriio

Kriio Active Member

Aug 20, 2010
    NYC
    Yes, i downloaded the dist prov profile and in the drop down menu i selected release. same problem. is it norml for the myapp.app to have a circle with a slash (like a stop sign)? Still have the same prob.

4. Little White Bear Studios

Little White Bear Studios Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    I'm assuming you're trying to make an iPhone app. If you're making a Mac app, the following does not apply:

Yes, it's normal for the app to have a slash through it, since it's not a Mac app. You need to create a Distribution configuration, as submitting a Release version is not the correct thing to do. Use your distribution profile in the code signing section for the Distribution configuration. When you build the app using that configuration, it will give you an error if the code signing is wrong. If you don't get an error, then it should be able to be uploaded to Apple. For a step by step walk through of all of this, you should visit the development portal.

5. Kriio

Kriio Active Member

Aug 20, 2010
    NYC
    Ok thank you guys for your help. I looked at apple's documents and it seemed to recommend submitting the binary through organizer (via build and archive). The problem went away apparently. So if someone is having issues with application loader, try submitting it using organizer.