AppVentCalendar is back at FreeAppADay.com! Application out soon

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ICS Mobile, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ICS Mobile

ICS Mobile Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2009
    #1 ICS Mobile, Jan 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
    ICS Mobile, OpenFeint,Tapjoy and Blacksmith Games are coming together to launch www.FreeAppADay.com!

AppventCalendar.com will now become FreeAppADay.com in between events!

http://theappera.com/2010/01/08/freeappadaycom-appvent-calendar-daily-free-games-no-way/

http://www.148apps.com/news/ready-free-app-day-return-appvent-calendar/

AppVentCalendar will return April 1st for Easter but you can now get your daily fix at www.FreeAppADay.com starting January 18th!!:D

And this time around it comes with a "New Free App Automatic Notification by Category" but please don't use it now the automation is in the works.. my inbox was flooded all day long because the web guy forgot to disable it! :(

Again January 18th will be the D Day!

And we will start with a Bang with a great title!!!

The FreeAppADay.com application will also be out shortly!!

Developers interested in promoting their app should contact us through the FreeAppADay.com website! Not all application will be eligible, quality will be the number one criteria!

Enjoy the Free Goodies!!:D:D:D

2. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Nice!!! Can't Wait!

3. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    Is this a joke? It starts on "April Fools Day".

4. ICS Mobile

Aug 1, 2009
    Nope!! Reality it took a little while to make it happen but the nice addition is the New Free App Automatic Notification by Category!! Please don't use it now, they are still working on setting up the backend solution to make it run smoothly!....the web guy originally had it set up so that it would hit my inbox but he forgot to make the switch and I was inundated by emails all day long!!! :(

5. Blackucard

Blackucard Active Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Hopefully the 99% of the games arn't crappy ones like appvent gave last December:mad:

6. ICS Mobile

Aug 1, 2009
    We are going to be working very hard on the selection front! thinking about even having empty days if the games are not satisfying!

7. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, like iblast moki, 33rd Division and other crappy games like that, huh?

8. AgentOrange

AgentOrange Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Wow you actually managed to sound ingrateful for having to download games for free! Amazing feat! I think 99% of the games are awesome.

9. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Yeah, Minisquadron the crappy game I play ALOT was part of it too;)

10. cprloe

cprloe Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Katy, Texas USA

I fail to see how you can call 33rd Division, Totemo, Samurai: Way of the Warrior, Blimp, Wheeler's Treasure, iBlastMoki, Elf, and MiniSquadron crappy games. The AppVent Calendar featured plenty of high quality titles.

Also, they were all FREE. If the games aren't your cup of tea, then don't download them. But don't look a gift horse in the mouth by complaining about them providing you with the opportunity to download free games. If you found even one to your liking, you came out way ahead.

11. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

Oh yeah! Forgot about that 1 cuz I bought it (the day before it went free) :(. It's really fun thought! Glad I supported the dev

12. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Honestly iBlast Moki is one of the best games on the platform, just having that game on the calendar made it amazing. Minisquadron is also fantastic. 33rd Division, Wheeler's Treauser, Samurai, Crazy Snowboard, Totemo, and more I'm forgetting are also very good

13. Blacksmith Games did a great job with Appvent Calendar. I didn't get to download too many since I already had most of them - but nearly all games that went free were really high quality and I can't believe anyone's complaining.

14. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Ignore fussy people like him, he isn't worth to get upset.

I liked most of the games on the appvent calendar, they were fun! :)

15. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Lovely. Just what we need...another whiny newbie! :mad:

Pay no attention to the ungrateful crybabies. Most of us really appreciated the variety of free games on the appvent calendar. It's just that the whiners here happen to be very vocal. :rolleyes:

16. Bogucci

Bogucci Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    @home.nl
    +1

Well said!

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Yes - and they really can't understand why games like N.O.V.A., Driver, Rogue Planet, Spider and Ravensword weren't on the appvent calendar, even if they hoped for them every single day. :rolleyes:

18. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Great news! Hardly got any apps from December as I already had bought most!:eek: Great to hear the formula will go on, there must be something in it for the devs too obviously?!?:confused: :D

19. Jarek

Jarek Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    FISHLABS Moderator
    Końskie, Poland
    The purpose of Appvent Calendar was to promote unknown devs in the web, relasing their games 'for a try' for free.

I wonder, if Free App A Day will contine this action, or is going to publish for free some of the more famous games?
    After all, I don't care which option will it be, the most important is to have fun of games relased :)

20. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    While your web guy is fixing that can you advise him not to use flash in a website about apps, since the iPhone can't view flash... The moving apple images and switching screenshots can both be easily done using CSS and javascript.

Anyway this is really a fantastic idea and is good for both the developers and the players! :)