★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pocket Informant free for the first time but...

01-27-2014, 06:07 PM
Pocket Informant free for the first time but...

It's a crippled demo. Don't bother. From the small part I can use it's not very good. Like everything from this vendor it's over complicated and hard to use.
01-27-2014, 06:31 PM
It's a great product for the power user, but yes, as of this update they've gone Freemium.

01-27-2014, 07:00 PM
Wow, freemium bait and switching is going to non game apps too? That is sad.
01-27-2014, 07:26 PM
yep IAP $14.99

TRY IT FOR FREE
When people try out Pocket Informant, they fall in love with it. So we made it free for you to download and get a taste of what you can do. Once you realize there is no other app like it, you can upgrade to PI Premium with a SINGLE in-app purchase and unleash its full power!

The free version lets you use a single calendar, manage one Apple Reminder list, and store 15 PI tasks.

UPGRADE TO PREMIUM
In addition to allowing unlimited calendars, Reminders and tasks, PI Premium adds the following:
Print your calendar (list format)
Sync with Google, Toodledo, and Evernote
Airdrop, Email or Message your events, tasks & notes
Rich Text Notes and Contact Management
Task Smart Filters
01-27-2014, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbiggles View Post
TRY IT FOR FREE
When people try out Pocket Informant, they fall in love with it. So we made it free for you to download and get a taste of what you can do. Once you realize there is no other app like it, you can upgrade to PI Premium with a SINGLE in-app purchase and unleash its full power!

The free version lets you use a single calendar, manage one Apple Reminder list, and store 15 PI tasks.

UPGRADE TO PREMIUM
In addition to allowing unlimited calendars, Reminders and tasks, PI Premium adds the following:
Print your calendar (list format)
Sync with Google, Toodledo, and Evernote
Airdrop, Email or Message your events, tasks & notes
Rich Text Notes and Contact Management
Task Smart Filters
Not cool.

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
01-27-2014, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I generally stop supporting developers once they do this. Too bad my list has gotten a little song. Sad, you would think developers would know better than to screw over their previous fans and buyers...morally it's just ****ed up.
01-27-2014, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyg3 View Post
Yeah, I generally stop supporting developers once they do this. Too bad my list has gotten a little song. Sad, you would think developers would know better than to screw over their previous fans and buyers...morally it's just ****ed up.
And it seems like it is happening so much nowadays. I think it is just causing people unfortunately to stop buying.
01-27-2014, 09:35 PM
I might give this one a try just to test it out. Although I don't think any calendar apps could sway me to replace my Fantastical 2.
01-27-2014, 10:27 PM
Another developer on the don't bother list.
01-28-2014, 06:44 AM
i liked this tool ever since i used it on my old pocket PC, roughly a decade ago. I bought it for my iPhone a long time ago, and I use it on a daily basis.

Whatever you think of the new marketing technique, I think too.
I do, however, believe that it is a great calendar app with a lots of great capabilities and rapid updates and upgrade.

P.S. I won't need to pay again, would I?

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!