What should I get?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Random_Guy, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I'm planning to get either Modern Combat, Blades of Fury or Dexter the Game. Which do you recommend?

I'm looking for the game that is the most fun, that has the longest gamelife, and that has the most replayability.

PS: I've never watched a Dexter episode before, so I'm not sure if a non-Dexter fan would enjoy the game.

2. OMC

OMC Active Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Hmm.. its kind of hard to tell. Because the three games you name are all from a very different genre. Well, here goes nothing:

If you like insane 3D graphics, and walk around with a guy you don't know, solving little minigames and puzzles along the way, buy Dexter.

If you like to hit other people with big-a$$ swords, buy blades of Fury.

otherwise, buy modern combat...

I would just wait for FIFA 10 if I were you though...

3. galaxygrrl

galaxygrrl Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Try www.vuze.com and download dexter and watch it. It rocks! :)

4. Comassion

Comassion Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
    When Battle For Wesnoth comes out, that'll pretty much beat everything else in terms of game life and replayability.

5. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Ok, thanks guy.

I already have FIFA 10 planned in my budget so I was going to get it anyway. Looks like I'll go with either Modern Combat or Blades of Fury. Which one has more gamelife and replayability though?

6. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    If you get modern combat you won't be disappointed

7. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    okay do you know somebody you can play BoF with, if not get MC

8. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Ok, thanks guys. I guess I'll go with Modern Combat.

9. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    All 3 of them are about the same quality when it comes to how good they are. Your decision should ultimately come down to what type you like the best: FPS, Fighting, or Adventure games.

First off, the one I know the most about (Since I actually have it). And that would be MC:S. Really, really good game. The graphics are amazing, the controls work PERFECTLY, and the overall gameplay experience is just sick. If you like Call of Duty 4 (Which this is a clear clone of) definetly get this one.

Blades of Fury: the first iPhone fighting game. If you like fighting games this is for you. The graphics seem amazing and the game moves smoothly. There's 4 unlockable characters adding to the replay value, story modes for everyone but one character, and apparently unlockable weapons and stuff too, but I'm not completely sure about the weapons part. On the other hand, there are secret outfits for everyone which helps replay too. The controls work well apparently. If you like Soul Calibur get this one because its a clone of that (not tekken as some people tend to think)

Dexter: The one I don't know that much about. From what I have seen it looks like fun though. It's a 3rd person adventure game, and apparently it's pretty open ended, as after the first case you get to pick who you're going for next. Other than that I really don't know much so i guess if you like adventure games get that one.

10. LonERecoN

LonERecoN Well-Known Member

I say Modern Combat. Should be great with the update.

11. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Yeh I think Modern Combat is the best game of the three.