Universal Heroes of Loot - (by Pascal Bestebroer)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 11, 2013.

1. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    I picked this up when it was free and am really enjoying it. I'm not quite sure how everything works or what the strategies are yet, but the game plays great and is just plain fun.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Woohoo! Update for MFi support!!!

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Is it just me? The game seems to lockup as soon as I pickup an item in the store. On an iPad Air without any sort of controller.

4. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    MFi control has a few problems. Analog sticks dont have diagonals, and the B button doesnt work to get out of menus and other screens. Also needs a button for pause.

Works ok with the dpad, but of course it feels clunky using that instead of the analog stick.

Havent bought anything in the shops yet so i couldnt test the issue stated by LordGek above.

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    There's also no way to get out of the game over screen except to close the app and remove from the cache.

Im sure pascal wont take too much time to fix these.

EDIT:My game doesnt freeze when i buy in the shop. So far ive bought a titanium shield and a bunch of gems, no issues.

6. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    How do you close the pop up describing the item for sale?

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It has about a 2-second delay before it became responsive, but the attack button (X-button) cancelled it after that. Basically exiting out of anything seems buggy.

8. orangepascal

orangepascal Well-Known Member

will look at the MFI support issues.. still don't have an MFI controller myself, so it's mostly working on theory at this time.

this app-store update took about 14 days to get approved.. so approval times are slow, and fixes might take some time because of that :/

worst case: play without controller for now until I get it all setup correctly.

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    No problem man... I knew you are fast at taking care of bugs. S'why you're one of my favorite devs. ;)

10. orangepascal

found the problem(s), pushing a new version.
    I'll see if I can speed up the approval on this one, as the quest/shop thing is a serious bug that breaks the game.

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Will this include the analog stick diagonals as well?

12. orangepascal

it does fix the B-button (pretty sure), but haven't changed code for the diagonal.. need to find an MFI controller to test those things out, cause right now it would be fixing it, uploading a new version and hope it works (and possibly breaking other stuff)

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Cool... yeah, best to focus on fixing what got broke first before going to fix the additions. I hope you can get your hands on an MFi controller to help you figure things out on that, coz it'd be rad if you can migrate the coding to your games. :)

14. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    #294 Capricornman, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    Hi orangepascal
    I've been playing this game just now and wanted to let you know whenever I go into a shop or a quest room as soon as the first dialogue box appears my game freezes. Nothing works to continue except closing the app and then immediately opening it again. I'm asked if I want to continue but without the benefit of an item or quest to complete. I'm on an iPad mini retina. Thanks
    Sorry I just went back one previous page in this thread and I see you're are working on a fix. Thank you and hope you can get it going soon!

15. eal_cubo

eal_cubo Member

Nov 28, 2013
    i don't like the new icon.

where did the pixel art go??:confused:

16. jamehand

jamehand New Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Hi since the last update on an iPhone 6 the game now has white borders along the right hand side and bottom. Also a glitchy set of black lines follow your character sprite around the dungeon flickering. The game is great but these bugs are annoying, are you aware of them. Regards jamehand

17. orangepascal

knew about the white-lines, haven't been able to fix those yet tho.
    but the black lines are something new, I'll continue the search for the solution tho :/

18. jamehand

jamehand New Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Good stuff! The game is great by the way and as a retro gamer who was around in the 70/80's I love the retro feel to it.

19. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    For me 5/5.

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Same here bud... Same here.

And then there's a sequel in the works. ;)