Pls share your experience in iAd

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Flexible, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Flexible

Flexible New Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Honorable TouchArcade community,

I've come for help and hope you'll not refuse sharing your experience with iAd.

The point is that I've read all the info in the Developer Center about the promotional opportunities with that instrument.

However, some piece of info lacks there. In particular, the financial aspect to start with. :confused:

From what is described on the site, it is clear how iAd works and how much it can be helpful. But it is not clear at all if I will have to pay specific amount to to install iAd (buy from Apple). And how much? :confused:

Furthermore, the 60% I'm going to earn for every click. Is it true for just a click or only in case clicking results in downloading (= buying) the app by users? :confused:

I've send my inquiry to the Apple team but knowing from my previous experience of communicating with them, it might take a long time for them to answer or no answer might arrive at all...

I'll really appreciate your comments...

2. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    You want to show iAds in your application, or did I misunderstand?
    If that's what you want to do, you don't need to buy anything from them of course, you just show the ads. You earn the 60% for every click, whether or not it culminates in a download.

3. Flexible

Flexible New Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Thanks a lot, baris! :)