Something sad that happen last Friday

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Robbie1350, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Robbie1350

Robbie1350 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    Hey guys ik this off topic but something sad happened like on Thursday or Friday that my kitty ran away we don't know where she is we keep looking for her and we didn't noticed till Saturday morning cuz she likes to hide a lot and we don't know if she's dead or not and plus we don't know how she got out we always keep the door shut and it's a very sad thing and this is the first time I ever had a pet ran away.

Thanks for your support,
    Robbie

2. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Sorry to hear that Robbie. We had a cat that disappeared for a day. We finally found her behind my daughters dresser drawer. It was only a day but my kids were very distraught. If it got outside, I'm sure it will come back when it gets hungry.

3. Robbie1350

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    Thanks for the support

4. Robbie1350

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    And she still hasn't returned yet

5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Anything under 2 weeks I wouldn't worry about it at all (to be honest, I DID worry after 2 days already :p).
    My cat disappeared for almost 4 weeks each, several times, always came back.

Did you check around in the neighborhood already, if someone saw her?
    Also worth asking at the local veterinarians and shelters, if anyone brought her in.

Fingers crossed your little dictator bestest pet ever comes back soon!

Oh, and just in case you don't know this:
    When she comes back after more than a week, please bring her to a vet for a checkup; mostly for possible dehydration damage to the kidneys.

6. Robbie1350

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    I did knew about taking her to the vet for a check up if she does come back cause we don't know if she's dead or not and I have been praying for her everyday and I never pray for something and yes I did check around the neighborhood we put posters up of a lost cat left food in a container in the front and the back we're gonna put in ad in the newspaper of a missing cat so we're trying everything so she can come back home safely

7. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Best of luck then, hope she'll be back sooner than later.

8. Robbie1350

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    Yea let's hope

9. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I don't know if this is true but a friend told me one time that if your cat runs away to put its litter box on the front porch, and they're capable of smelling it from miles away and it should lure them back. Worth a shot at least. Hope kitty makes it back to you safe and sound!

10. Robbie1350

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    Thanks man I'll try it

11. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Sorry to hear about that. Hope none of your neighbors have any snakes for pets, and there's no coyotes around your house or you can kiss that cat goodbye! Hey, we've all lost animals at one time or another, and if you haven't, you're probably pretty young! When I was younger, one of my cats would like to hide like some do and would be gone for days, but suddenly turn up like nothing happened. Hope it comes back for ya! Where I live now, there's coyotes everywhere, and also big red-tail hawks, so nobody has cats outside or they disappear real quick!

12. Robbie1350

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    I'm 18 and I keep finding little paw prints on the side of the house and something is keep eating the food we left out for her so there's still hope

13. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Find your cat yet?
    Come back?

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I'm really sorry to hear about your cat :(

I'm almost 21 and have had cats & dogs all my life; only every had one run away and she came back after a few days, pregnant. I'm sure yours will come back back safe and sound, they're sly little things with a mind of their own.

15. Robbie1350

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    My kitty is alive and I've been seeing her every other day and she still won't come in

16. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    You say the cat is a she? If she won't come in your house there is a chance she may have given birth to a litter of kittens while she was missing. In fact, if this was her first litter it could be the reason she took of in the first place. She's coming back home because she knows there's food there. She won't come inside because she doesn't want to be kept from her babies. She won't abandon them. If you think this is a possibility try to follow her back to where she's staying and check it out.

17. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Glad she's ok!

18. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    :D great news, happy she's back!

19. Robbie1350

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    She can't have babies she's been fixed

20. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Something sad is also happening this Friday (tomorrow).