NOVA Question

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by draxx, Dec 25, 2009.

1. draxx

draxx Active Member

Nov 14, 2009
    I received a gift card for Christmas so I'm looking for games to buy. Usually stick to RPG and strategy games, but I enjoy a good FPS. NOVA looks promising, but I have one question in particular. Would this game be worth it for the single player only, or is the focus more on multiplayer? With console FPS's, especially handheld consoles, I don't get into multiplayer much at all unless I'm in a room with 3 other people (Don't know anyone but my mom with an iphone). So if I bought NOVA I'd be playing single player 95% of the time I played the game.

Is the campaign mode a satisfying experience, and are there multiple difficulty levels to increase replay value? I like the idea of a Halo type shooter for my phone.

2. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    There are 3 difficulty modes.
    I would say the campaign length is about 5-7 hours

3. instracrutch

instracrutch Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Seattle
    nova

As nova is $7, I personally would grab several top-rated, popular and cheaper games instead. But that's just me - I've beat Halo, I don't need to beat it on my iphone. :)

4. draxx

draxx Active Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Any suggestions?

My favorite games on my phone so far are Rogue, The Quest, Geodefense Swarm, Go, Chess and Slay.

Downloaded the demo of Battle For Wesnoth to try out, but it seems like I'd be better of playing it on PC.

Thinking about buying Undercroft because I enjoyed the demo and the interface is very well designed, but wonder how satisfying the whole game will be and if I'll ever feel compelled to replay it.

5. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    The Multiplayer is online, not just Bluetooth and WiFi, so you don't need 3 other people in the room to play Multiplayer.

6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Just give in and press the damn button.
    You have my word you won't get another game that you'll think is more worth it for 6.99.

Happy holidays and cheers :]

7. draxx

draxx Active Member

Nov 14, 2009
    I just meant I don't enjoy FPS multiplayer unless my opponents are physically in the same room as me. For example I love me some 4 person Halo or some Counter Strike at a LAN party, but playing people through the internet has never excited me much.

Right now I'm leaning towards Nova and Wesnoth. Enjoying the demo of Wesnoth and I think I'll enjoy Nova. I'll save the rest or gradually get a few more RPG's I've been looking at like Cavern and Minimae.

8. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Really? I can't stand the screenpeeping.

9. Flaimdude

Flaimdude Member

Dec 25, 2009
    planet earth
    Nova and Wesnoth - those are two of my top favorite games on my iPod touch. :) Nova because it's an amazing FPS, and Wesnoth because, well, it's Wesnoth for the iPhone (I used to play Wesnoth a bunch on my computer). Wesnoth is by far one of the best strategy games on the App Store, and with the update that fixed the camera, it's amazing.