★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iOS 7.x

10-03-2013, 11:06 PM
I am having a weird ios 7 problem now. Many apps say "connect to itunes so notifications can work"

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

Thought by connecting to itunes it would fix it. But it doesn't. Looks like I have to do a complete wipe and then restore from backup.

Got two questions.

1. Anyone else have this, and is there any other way to fix this?

2. If I do the complete wipe and restore from backup, what exactly is restored? Are photos, music, apps, app saves, or anything else saved? Or do I need to back those up too seperately?

Thank you.
10-03-2013, 11:14 PM
One thing I do like about AppStore (iOS 7) the store seems to load images & content faster. Is that the case for you folks?

10-04-2013, 12:01 AM
Getting almost daily issues with my screen orientation. Ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post
One thing I do like about AppStore (iOS 7) the store seems to load images & content faster. Is that the case for you folks?
Yup.
10-05-2013, 10:06 AM
On some games that require you to name your character, when ever I try to enter my name in the "please input name here " box that message won't leave.

Drat!
10-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post
Yeah, purchased too seems to be coming up better too. But seems to hang alot lately too.
10-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post

2. If I do the complete wipe and restore from backup, what exactly is restored? Are photos, music, apps, app saves, or anything else saved? Or do I need to back those up too seperately?
If you do an iTunes backup first then you'll get everything back. If you use iCloud I'm not sure.