Medal of honour coming to iPhone

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Aussie2, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Aussie2

Aussie2 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    IGN have recently updated there report on a portable medal of honour and it now says that it will be on the iPhone!

http://uk.wireless.ign.com/objects/061/061376.html

So what are you expecting from this game? Im hoping for good multiplayer with at least 8 player online

2. eXistenT

eXistenT Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Germany
    yea sure 8 players why not 100,000,000 online players?

3. Chronical

Chronical Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
    I'm hoping for a good online mode. 3 vs. 3 is enough for me, as long as it looks nice and has a decent framerate on my 3GS. I don't actually want weapon customization, I'd rather like tons of weapons to choose from.

4. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Yeah, I remember there was already a thread about this game a while ago. Haven't seen it since, so it's probably been deleted.

Online would be nice, but for once I'm actually more interested in a decent, long singleplayer campaign.

5. g-unit-14

g-unit-14 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    OMG is this TRUE MEDAL OF HONOR COMING TO IPHONE !!! this is amazing cant wait iphone get all best games cant wait for this one nice multiplayer with customized wapons that will be amazing does anyone no when its OUT ?

6. Aussie2

Mar 24, 2010
    Me too, I've yet to come across a decent war fps with a good campaign. Probably because they're all from gameloft

7. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Yeah Gameloft graphics are a disgrace to the power of the iPhone and BIA2 was the crappiest Gameloft game to date. NOVA was good though.

I hope EA uses 3GS and iPhone 4 graphics in this game and pushes the limits of the platform.

8. ipodrocks123

ipodrocks123 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    This sounds good, but will it be a modern warfare game? I know medal of honor plans on releasing a game in modern times.

9. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    The new Medal of Honor takes place in war-torn Afghanistan... :D

10. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Medal of Honor huh? How about Call of Duty.

Never been much of a fan of Medal of Honor, (not saying I don't want it to come to iphone; right now ANYTHING better than Gameloft's attempts is a GREAT thing) I've always enjoyed the Call of Duty games better. Yeah, I know, we've got the Call of Duty Zombies, but I'm talking a real campaign/multiplayer game. It doesn't have to be Modern Warfare, how about COD 2. What do you guys think, can the newer iPhone/iPod hardware handle something like that? I think that game would be absolutely perfect for the platform. Great campaign, awesome 4 on 4 multiplayer with awesome maps, etc. C'mon Activision!

11. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Wait a minute, at the bottom of that article (http://uk.wireless.ign.com/objects/061/061376.html) there is a note:

'NOTE: This portable version of Medal of Honor has been confirmed as a title in production but has yet to be announced for any specific platform. Please check back for official info.'

So IGN are just assuming that it will come to iPhone. The only confirmation that has been made is that it will be coming to a portable device - which could be the PSP or 3DS, and not necessarily the iPhone.
    Hopefully it will come to the iPhone, but now I've read that, it seems less likely.

12. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

I'm a bit unclear. :confused: It says,
    ...but then it says that it's 'Exclusively on iPhone'

EDIT: Whoops, LBG just posted it too haha. :)

13. Aussie2

Mar 24, 2010
    If you look in the game editions section it's got iPhone editions which means that the iPhone edition must have been confirmed

14. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    what you are asking for here would cost more money then you would be willing to pay. Gameloft is willing to give ultimate value for a 6.99 or 9.99 game. Other companies, particularly major multi-platform console devs, are not. You are not going to get the amount of content you are hoping for from either an Activision or EA game. Not for a game that would likely retail at 9.99, anyway.

15. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    True, but...

I can't agree with you more on price point. Maybe I shouldn't complain, these are ten dollar or less games we're talking about. But...wouldn't you agree, Call of Duty 2 is five years old, I think they could port it over, implement the COD Zombies control scheme (or something like that) and still charge about $20. I think that would be completely reasonable. Activison would make a killing on this platform if they could pull that off. Though I do enjoy the low, low prices we have in the appstore, I'm not apposed to increased prices for more in-depth, quality games that touch on console levels. Am I asking too much here? As the hardware in our Apple mobile devices improves, I think the content, games especially, should be headed toward console quality. Sure, we're not there yet, not to todays standards anyway, but I think we've at least reached five year old tech or so. Honestly, I haven't really seen more than a few games that are touching the PSP in graphics, let alone game length, etc. I know money and pricing are probably the issue here, let alone control schemes. What do you guys think?

16. julzsantana15

julzsantana15 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Michigan
    I'm not really suprised that Medal of Honor is coming to iPhone since EA has a bunch of the big console games already on the iPhone. This is gonna be really a really sweet game!!

17. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Honestly, I'd like to see an updated port of the original Medal of Honor for the PS1. It was my first ever FPS, and I still play it today. It's an awesome game, and for me comparable to games like Goldeneye.

Btw, I don't get why everyone hates the Gameloft FPS games. Sure, they could have been much better, but I find them pretty fun as is. I'm more or less appreciative that at least one company has attempted to make a decent WWII FPS for the iPhone, even if it is somewhat of a clone, and not even an amazing game. It's a fun game, and that's what matters.

18. altair77

altair77 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greece,Athens
    hmmmm lets now see how gameloft will respond to this when it comes out cause it will sure pwn all the others FPS out if not then i will be sad (lol) its nice to see the new nemesis of gameloft hehe they will be forced to make even more better games

19. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Skies of Glory can handle 8 players. why not this?

20. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010

The demands are too high, especially for lower end idevices.

And, as far as a COD port goes, it's not neccessarily an issue of how old the game is. It's more an issue of how much developmental time & effort to takes to create the game. Especially if Activision has to dedicate resources and manpower to an idevice and if that in any ways takes away from console development, which is there bread & butter.

In the end, I think the time-sink, regardless of whatever COD game they made, be it new or an older game ported over, would demand that Activison charge more than 9.99 for it. Probably 14.99, at the minimum, and possibly more like 19.99. Question is, does Activision believe we would pay that price. No game has ever cost that much. Maybe it would sell at 19.99. But Activison has to sink developmental expenses into the project upfront, without a guarentee that it will sell.

Basically, it's a risk. A calculated risk. I'm not sure Activision has much of an incentive to take that risk. They don't need the money. They don't need Apple. They don't need the AppStore in order to survive or profit.