Melodive - musical flight sim for iOS coming soon!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gjestland, Feb 27, 2013.

1. gjestland

gjestland Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    #1 gjestland, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    ➽ Explore the Tuniverse, where sound has matter and color is sound. Soar with the winds of music and seek out the Melodium-crystals that has the power to tune the world.

➽ Melodive is a uniqe iOS-experience, a reimagined flight simulator built from the ground up to simulate dreamlike flight. It is for everybody who likes music and flying, with excellent tilt-controls and one-touch action. Approach supersonic speeds and unfathomable depth, while exporing strange and beautiful soundscapes on your way to becoming a Melodive Master.

➽ FEATURES:
    ➫ Evolving procedural terrain and music
    ➫ Two game modes: Light or heavy gravity
    ➫ Speed upgrades
    ➫ Silky smooth 60 frames per second 3D Retina graphics
    ➫ 32 voices 3D audio
    ➫ Make your own in-game music with the unlockable sequencer
    ➫ Totally non-violent gameplay
    ➫ Game Center leaderboards: Highest score and deepest div.
    ➫ Less than 2 seconds start-up time
    ➫ Only 9 mb install
    ➫ Premium game for only $0.99!
    ➫ For iPhone 4S, iPhone5, iPad2, The new iPads, iPad mini, iPod toch 5th gen

The music and video in this trailer was all made in-game.

Attached Files:

2. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Excited for this! iCloud support? : )

3. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Wow... Looks so stunning... Any information about the exact release date?

4. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    Thanks, no iCloud at the moment, but i will surely try to make it happen if more than 20 people download the game! :) Anyhow, it won't feel like you play the same game twice. There is also a diffrent feel to the game on iPhone versus the iPad, because of the screen size difference. Both are extremely fun to hook up to a hd-projector via hdmi mirroring though! (real hdmi support also on my to do list) :)

5. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Haha, you listening Connector? : )

6. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    I have just submitted to the app store, but since this is my first game (with some very unconventional graphics and gui), i have no idea if i will encounter any problems in the review process. Normal time for approval is 5-7 working days i hear.

I just had such a blast making the video that i wanted to share it with you all! :)

7. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Wow, looks awesome! Will for sure picking this one up.

8. aeranth

aeranth Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Melodive has my rapt attention. When it's released I'll be mashing that 'buy' button so frickin' hard... I'm unsure if I've ever seen another iOS title LOOK like that, very impressive, indeed. I am so eager to see for myself the depth of all that sumptuousness. A sincere 'thank you' for expanding from your initial interest of an iPad-only title to a universal build.

9. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    Hey, thank you so much for your kind words! For me it's very encouraging to get this kind of feedback, as i am very unsure of the appeal of the game. It's not very traditional, and it doesnt hold your hand, so i think it will only be for a select few, but thats ok, because i made it for myself! But, of course, if other people also enjoy this, i will be very happy! :)

10. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    #10 gjestland, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
    Melodive is approved for sale and will appear in the appstore worldwide thursday 7th of march! Hooray! :)

11. Linx550

Linx550 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    So no support for the iPhone 4?

12. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    I am sorry, but Melodive requires a dual-core processor to run smoothly, as one of the cores is constantly creating new terrain. :(

13. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013