Chillingo Publisher Experience

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by David_Don_13, Apr 13, 2015.

1. David_Don_13

David_Don_13 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Ireland
    Hi all,

I've spent the last 8 months working on my first mobile game. It's starting to look decent! After some advice from a local Indie Game Studio, I'm thinking of contacting a publisher(Chillingo) to help market and promote my game.

Has anyone published their game with Chillingo before? Or in general, how have your experiences with publishers been? Was it worth working with them?

Thanks!:)

2. cujino

cujino Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Game developer
    Denmark
    Why Chillingo?

Is there any specific reason why you want to talk to Chillingo?

You get the feeling at the moment that the market is crowded with publishers. The way to do it could be to take your game with you to an exhibition and talk to potential publishers, and figure out who is the "right one" for your game.

3. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    I'm not a developer, but based on my observation, Chilllingo will publish kind of puzzle games or casual games. Bulkypix also a nice publisher with wider genres such as racing, puzzle, action, strategy, and more. If you have 3D games, chance for Crescent Moon Games will publish your games is higher than if you build 2D games. NoodleCake Studio is a publisher with pixel art alike and abstract theme games, basically they'll publish game on Google Play Store.
    You can try Rovio Stars too

4. David_Don_13

David_Don_13 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Ireland
    Hey,

Since this is my first game, it is tough trying to build any excitement or a community without any marketing budget or promotional help. I'm worried about my game getting lost in the crowd straight away. I've read in other posts about how publishers helped "quadruple" an apps downloads almost over night..The only reason I'm thinking Chillingo is because of the advice I got previously. Also their website is pretty snazzy :)

5. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    you can try to build a 'hype' first using some gaming forums like TouchArcade for example. Explain a brief description about your game. If your game well enough, I believe it'll gain some attention here. More luckily if TA can cover your game as news too. You can try to send some press to other gaming sites like Pocket Gamer, Gamezebo, etc.

6. Game Troopers

Game Troopers New Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Game Publisher on Microsoft Operated Stores