My games, what else? :D

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SMN, Jul 1, 2010.

1. SMN

SMN Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Hello everyone,

I just got my iPhone 4 (yeah lucky boy ;D) and I was wondering what were the "must-have" at least I have some idea but I'm still hesitating on some games.

Anyway at this time I have:
    -Pix'N Rush (probably the best one)
    -Mini Gore (interesting)
    -Canabalt (addictive)
    -SFIV (haven't played it much yet)
    -Doodle Jump (you know it :D)
    -Bejeweled (addictive too)
    -Angry Birds (makes me angry when I don't get 3 stars)
    -Where is Waldo
    -FieldRunners
    -Streets of Rage
    -Uno
    -Pocket God
    -Edge
    -Flight Control
    -Fruit Ninja

Well now that you know what games I've got and what are my tastes... lemme ask you:

-What's the best RPG game? Zenonia 2? Inotia 2? (I'd like a 2D game ;))
    -Drop7 worth the try?
    -Jet Stunt Cars?
    -Super QuickHook (not lite version so hard to know..) or Hook Champ?
    -SquareBall?
    -Spider The secret bryce of manor?
    -GTA chinatown (expensive and not really interested...;p)

I missed something?

Thanks for the ones who took time to read and help me :)

2. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    Hi SMN!

First of all, congrats to your 4G! ;)

Jet Stunt Cars and also Super QuickHook is a must have. These are brialliant games. I can also recommend Hook Champ (because I love it and also Super QuickHook).

GTA is perfekt for lang travels. If you are on a plane or train for several hours it's great to have something with a story!!

3. SMN

SMN Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    thanks for that fast reply, the hook games are the same games? It's like the number one and two?

the few videos I saw about jet stunt cars looked like a slow car driving game is it faster some time? I mean it looked like a "driving mario plateform like game" was is a particular track or they're all the same?

Thanks again!

Isn't it a top game I didn't mention yet?

What about RPG :D (I think I beta tested zenonia 1 for 20hours and loved it but not sure which RPG has the best story/gameplay/longevity)

4. KDR_11k

KDR_11k Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Land Air Sea Warfare if you want an RTS in the vein of Supreme Commander.

EXO Planet is a good Quake-like third person shooter with grappling hooks but only useful for online play. I paid the five bucks for the Elite version and didn't regret it but I think most people are happy with the free one.

Isotope is a great twin stick shooter with its hand-designed levels.

I liked the two Heavy Mach games and Metal Wars 2, all of them are mech games with different gameplay but I think all of them are fun.

Go Go Rangers is pretty cool, kinda like a strategy RPG except it's not an RPG. It just feels pretty unconventional.

If you want to build up stuff your choices are pretty much Sim City, Build-a-Lot and Settlers. Tap Tycoon looks like it could be nice but so far the interface seems extremely buggy to the point where it gets frustrating.

5. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I have and love many of the games listed above.

I have several RPGs. There's honestly no RPG games on Zelda level for iPhone yet. Zenonia, Luna Story, etc feels very generic to me. The characters have no personality and the story is predictable and boring. It's grinding, grinding and grinding some more. The first 2 levels are usually interesting, that's why I bought the full version after trying the lite. Then I realised it's always the same thing again and again on every level. Zenonia is best defined as Zelda-wannabe. Unfortunately it's nowhere near Zelda in terms of story, characters or even gameplay.

Across Age is nice and it has a better story and the least generic of all. If you like puzzle RPG, definitely get it. Inotia 2 is also great since it introduced 3-character party where you can have different classes in your party and control any of the character, making combats in later level interesting with some use of strategy too.

Also Check out Chaos Rings from Square Enix, it's not 2D, but not 3D either. It's semi-3D like FF7.

I don't like either Jet Car Stunts or Hook Champ, they're rather overhyped and overrated. Super Quick Hook is good but not that great.

GTA: it's good if you're into that kind of game. I mean, don't get something just because it's good because if you don't really like the genre, big chance you won't enjoy it. eg, I bought several great puzzle games. I spent a few hours with them and admit they're great, but just never managed to finish them because I'm not into them.

Of course trying different things can be nice too, but usually I only do it when there's a sale so if I don't like it, it won't hurt too much :)

Or try the lite versions. Many of the games you're asking about have lite version: Jet Car Stunts, Hook Champ, GTA, Squareball and Spider (called Spider: Hornet Smash). Always try the lite versions whenever you can because they give better idea than anyone's opinion :)

6. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    #6 kiranb28, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
    Carcassonne has suddenly become a must-have title for me ever since I bought it.

I've never played the board game in my life, but found myself wholeheartedly enjoying the iPhone rendition like crazy. When I play it, I feel joy. When I don't play it, I miss it. I'm looking forward to teaching my wife so that we can enjoy the experience of playing against each other.

If you're into strategy/puzzle/board games at all, grab it now before the price jumps to 9.99 (for the Universal version).

Bruce Lee: Dragon Warrior would be my next recommendation. I honestly don't play Street Fighter IV very much, but as soon as I bought Bruce Lee, I was instantly hooked. The graphics, backdrops, animations, controls and story mode are a treat for 0.99 (I believe it's still on sale) - pick it up before it jumps back up to 4.99!

Bowmaster is one of my other favorite games. Makes you feel like an expert archer with SPOT-ON controls. One finger to display the bow on screen, the other finger pulls the quiver back; choose your target, and release! Great environments, nice graphics, challenging levels, and a newly added practice mode makes this a great deal for 0.99.

Sword & Poker is a fantastic game if you're into Poker.
    X2 Football 2010 and PES 2010 are both great if you're into Soccer/Football.

There are many others, but the above are my 'creme of the crop'.

7. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010

JCR is the first game I actually bought, back in March :)
    Unfortunately, my habit of buying new games because of hype have kept me from spending some dedicated time with JCR.

The objective of JCR is to simply FINISH the track in the least amount of time possible, with the least amount of retries; not to beat out any opponents. There are huge jumps, obstacles and rings to maneuver through with the help of your boost and air-brake. The game's challenging, but you won't feel like putting it down till you get through the track!

I loved the game from the first instant - the tilt controls were fantastic and graphics were amazing. It's a shame I haven't spent much time with it; Carcassonne has me hooked for now as I mentioned in my previous post but perhaps sometime soon, i'll give JCR more attention.

8. Timmiex

Timmiex Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    SQH you won't be dissapointed and Tilt to Live is a must have to with yet another game mode to come in july!!!

9. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    considering all the games you own are casual pick up and play games, which are very boring to me, it's hard to recommend anything on that list.

However, I'd say get super quickhook, across age/zenonia 2, and spider, if you were only gonna pick up 3...Since you're interested in gta that is.

10. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Since you have Where is Waldo?, try the free Doodle Find, also a hidden object game, but free and good. Drop 7, I think there is a lite. It never grabbed me like it does many others. You dont really have any other number/puzzle type games on your list, so querry whether this is a genre you really like? If not, skip Drop 7.

There are some casual pick-up-and play games (you seem to like that genre) that are free from Donut Games right now. Action Buggy and Traffic Rush and maybe others.

Since you like Bejeweled, I would say try Cash Cow which is free right now. The campaign mode is a little too easy once you get the hang of it but there is a survival mode as well.

11. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I'm also going to recommend Carcassonne because I really think it is a fantastic game that I go back to and play constantly.

Out of the games you listed Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor is fun. Super Quick Hook is lots of fun and easier to get into than Hook Champ.

If you are enjoying Flight Control check out Harbor Master. :D