Word Sync [Beta testers wanted]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LiquidFire, Jul 2, 2013.

1. LiquidFire

LiquidFire New Member

Feb 28, 2012
    #1 LiquidFire, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
    Hello everyone,

I'm in charge of development for a word game we have been working on for awhile now. We are discussing putting some advertising behind the game once it's released. So we are hoping to have it as polished as possible and a fun and enjoyable experience for everyone who plays it.

The concept of the game is fairly simple, and originates from a pencil and paper game people used to play in School. You might have even played it growing up. You have two words. You are trying to change one word into the other. But by only changing one letter at a time that also makes another existing word. Here's an example. Lets change less into more.
    LESS > MORE
    LOSS
    LOST
    PORE
    MORE '*✓✓✓*'

Here's what the games icon will look like:
    [​IMG]

Some of the games features:
    -Three, Four, and Five letter words
    -Leaderboards
    -Lots of words to sync up
    (Currently have around 150 words)
    -Tap individual letters or type out the whole word
    -Change either word

Here's the current promo screenshots being worked on:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This is our first game we are publicly beta testing. We've released a few games before but we are really trying to make an active effort to make it something we can do for a living vs a hobby. We are a very small indie company composed of a few family members.

Lots of you probably already have TestFlight accounts. Here's the link.
    http://tflig.ht/10VK8SO
    If you don't have an account already, it's pretty east to sign up for one by following the steps through the link.

So any feedback we receive is really appreciated! Good, bad, constructive criticism, and questions. We want to make it easy to get into and play. Also any suggestions on features to add into the game would be awesome as well. We're all ears. :)

2. shortandnoisy

shortandnoisy Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    UK
    Don't remember playing this, but I like games that make you think. I applied

3. mlago9

mlago9 Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Sounds like a fun game I applied and I will be curious to see how the game plays. Good luck with the project!

4. Living Legend

Living Legend Well-Known Member

May 30, 2013
    Looks good. Applied

5. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Same here, it my type game. Look foward trying it

6. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Hope that I'll be chosen.

7. szwipes

szwipes New Member

Jul 3, 2013
  8. kashifraza

kashifraza Active Member

May 6, 2013
    applied as i love to play word games.

9. LiquidFire

LiquidFire New Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Great to see all the interest shown in the game! I see lots of testers signing up in Test Flight.

I'm still fairly new to using Test Flight and still don't understand it completely. So if anyone is having troubles getting to the install part or anything else, let me know and I'll fix it right away.

10. LiquidFire

LiquidFire New Member

Feb 28, 2012
    I would just like to thank everyone who participated in our beta test and helped us shape our game into the polished release it is today! Today was the official release date, and the launch is going smoothly.

Keep in mind that we are doing a launch special and having it free for the first couple of days. So if you missed out on testing it, you could almost consider this a bit of an open beta test. We are still open to ways of improving our game and feedback of any kind. PM me or even provide it here in the the thread.

As a bonus here's a screen capture of our current app rankings. We are moving up the ranks quickly and are very excited! Thanks again everyone! :)

[​IMG]