Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-15-2014, 03:36 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

My game keeps getting errors. Wrong build released?
Old 05-15-2014, 06:50 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I gave this piece of s**t the benefit of the doubt, but man...
This have to be the worst IAP integration i have ever seen!

do yourself a favour, and stay as far away from this pathetic game as possible..
Old 05-15-2014, 08:34 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Default Cant review it because I cant start it

Mine cannot connect to the server and it says I need to update my version. There is no newer version so what gives?

I guess I save myself some frustration though. This is too bad as I did enjoy the heck out of the first game.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Confessor View Post
You can count me in among those who went from shocked to elated to... well, now I'm damned near physically ill after playing this game.

I Dig It: Expeditions was truly an exceptional game, one of the bright lights of the App Store when it was released. Three expansive worlds, each with their own secrets, their own unique "twist" on the same basic digging gameplay, offering a sense of exploration and discovery that was only matched, in my opinion, with the far more recent release of Junk Jack X and The Blockheads

And now, five years later, we get this freemium misbegotten spawn of Candy Crush Saga, with small, cramped levels, purchasable currency hawked with only slightly more finesse than in Glu Mobile's Gun Bros, and an energy timer. A 💩💩💩💩ing energy timer!

I personally hope that the developers earn no profit from this game.

In fact, I'll take this opportunity to urge the developers to immediately divest themselves of the hardware and software they used to program it. Give it to charity. Because that would surely be a more productive use of those resources than the making of this game was.

I also think it would be good evidence of proper contrition.

Well said.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:38 PM

Damn!

I remember playing the original I Dig It, in the first months of AppStore, back when I was just starting making mobile games And it was AWESOME

Huge level, positive grinding (always looking for new stuff), artifacts, tons of exploration... I spent dozens of hours in it. Honestly, I was looking at I Dig It and hoping to achieve a success like that one day (they were top 1 paid at some point!)

Then the Expeditions came and blew my mind once again - 3 worlds, tons and tons of content, new mechanics (air ways)...

And now this blew my mind as well, just in the different way

And the worst part is - the original 2 games were paid but they could just be F2P with no changes to the gameplay! The whole currency system was there (things were quite pricey), the game was very, very long but really rewarding and the grind felt fun

Honestly, they could just take the originals, add IAPs for basic currency and some advertisements and just switch them to free. DONE, great and fun F2P game
Old 05-19-2014, 09:03 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

ok, I am trying to like it...

Level 6 or 7 is hard..
and I can't even play offline
so this sucks... wish it has at least an offline mode in it.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:33 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Ok as I've been seeing this freemium is bad to the core, so I dig it HD is the same as expeditions ? I only saw the hd on store this is a better buy I'm guessing? I'm trying to do research before I jump the gun on it..
Old 05-19-2014, 09:35 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Is the paid one offline? And us it free to play as we wish or still full of IAP like this one?
Old 05-19-2014, 09:41 PM

Do the developers even own the "I dig it"?Do they have a right to make a third part?I mean wtf InMotion software is still pretty darn active,I mean their most updated game atm is tiny tails,the last time it was updated was in 25 April of this year.Now when this garbage arrived in the store I got really confused.They won't get sued for this?
Old 05-31-2014, 04:27 AM

Default Game Impressions

Update came out and I'm sad to say I stuck with this game hoping it would get fixed. Also sad to say that I can't get past Stage 19 - I need to get 7 X BONUS but the level is so bare that I'm finding that impossible and no amount of gems or coins are helping.
I've been grinding away and now have an upgraded Lava Digger but all of the diggers really feel the same, just slightly higher max limits.
So I'm still stuck on the first world with a digger far upgraded past that.
The update gave some gems and readjusted the timers but this game is just no fun. I loved the originals and still keep them around to play every now ad then. I'd spend ages on one level going back and forth getting everything valuable from the dig site.
This game is just pathetic and in no way related. Each stage generally lasts about 1-2 minutes and since there's no way to refuel that's it. Some levels actually finish when you are still digging so you don't even have to surface!
It's randomised which is good but often I find that collectables are impossible to reach unless you buy dynamite every time.

This brings great shame to the name I Dig It! and should not be considered part of the series.