"Daredevil Dave: Motorcycle Stuntman!"

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by schplurg, Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

#1 schplurg, Feb 13, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
    [​IMG]

Daredevil Dave is going to be submitted to Apple in a matter of days and will be available very early May.

================
    First Promo Code Contest Winners: "RJ" and "Bag Of Awesome"!

That was a very tough contest. We'll probably do more in the future in the Promo Codes section. I'll let you know!
    ================

Hello fellow TA'ers!

What happens when you combine ragdoll physics with a highspeed and high flying motorcycle?

Get ready for "Daredevil Dave: Motorcycle Stuntman!"

Daredevil Dave is the last of a dying breed...the Motorcycle Stuntman! Courageous, charismatic, a bit arrogant, and totally crazy, Dave is famous for his outrageous stunts. Unfortunately, he is even more well known for his horrifying crashes!

[hqyoutube]hNtUGI8ZQxI[/hqyoutube]

FEATURES:

WIDE VARIETY OF JUMPS
    Jumps include buses, a shark tank, rings of fire, a downtown rooftop to rooftop leap, a "potentially messy" jump over 2 Chinook helicopters with blades a'spinning, lava pit, a canyon jump with a long painful tumble if you miss, and more!

RAGDOLL PHYSICS
    Outrageous bone-crunching crashes! Dave's injuries are directly related to the force of impact of each body part.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TOUR MODE
    Help Dave complete his nationwide tour of jumps! Landing a jump will win you prize money. Crashing will cost you as you pay the hospital for your injuries!

INJURY MODE
    Hear Dave cry out in pain as you crash him in an endless variety of ways! Go for the highest score by gaining the biggest medical bill you can!

ONLINE LEADERBOARDS
    Go for the highest money-making tour, the highest medical bill in Injury Tour Mode, or the worst injury in a single jump!

ACCURATE INJURY MODEL
    Daves injuries and medical costs are related to how hard he hits and tumbles, and which body parts suffer the most damage.

REPLAYABILITY
    Jumps have random elements so you never play the same game twice!

Adjust your ramp-tilt and speed to land each jump successfully.

Hear Dave's words of wisdom as well as his painful cries!

Flippable view for iTouch users!

Daredevil Dave Homepage

An added note:

Finally, my first iPhone game release is near! I wanted to officially mention the game now as the game is in the final stages of testing, and because there is still time for changes to be made and ideas to be added. After release, I will be listening to suggestions from players and will update the game if needed.

I welcome any comments, questions or suggestions!

2. scottyd2k9

scottyd2k9 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Unemployed
    st helens (UK)
    Wow this looks amazing iwish it would come out before march,too long away !

3. schplurg

It may come out sooner. It will be submitted no later than Feb 28th. Possibly sooner :)

4. scottyd2k9

Dec 6, 2009
    Unemployed
    st helens (UK)
    I like the way you have to pay for an injury to get you healed and the graphics looksgreat aswell. And in most bike games the camera angle is at the side this isn't, cant wait.......

:)
    Could you notbringit out before march ahah !! :)

5. sleb

sleb Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Ohio
    This game really looks great, I like the different views and the gameplay looks like a ton of fun.

6. schplurg

Thanks!

There are a few camera views to choose from. One is on the bike (until you crash), and 2 TV style cameras, one close and one further back.

There are also a few special cameras (Action Cams) added to certain levels.

Edit: I wish I could show the result of the helicopter crash, but I can't give away everything. Let's just say that it is very satisfying...as long as Apple approves it! ;)

7. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    This could be a powerful competitor to Red-Bull X-Fighters, based on the gameplay style and extra camera views, opposed to the former.

8. candywriter

candywriter Well-Known Member

Daredevil Dave is Dastardly, Dangerous, and Delightful

I've been fortunate enough to play this already and can say that its a BLAST! (no pun intended). The jumps and settings are hilarious and the controls responsive, but the most unique aspect of Daredevil Dave is the queasiness it makes you feel while you're flying through the air and anticipating a gruesome crash. Its epic.

9. scottyd2k9

Dec 6, 2009
    Unemployed
    st helens (UK)
    How have you played this allready ??
    did you help make it..

I wish it was out this week hhaahah! :mad:

10. candywriter

candywriter Well-Known Member

I've been playing it on my iPad; we're always ahead of the game here in Candyland. ;)

11. schplurg

Such a show-off! ;)

Redbull looks interesting, but you will find there are faaaaar more ways to crash in Daredevil Dave!

It's funny, the core mode of this game (Tour Mode) is for the player to try and complete each jump, however I have a feeling that people will be hurting Dave more than anything else. Poor Dave!

12. scottyd2k9

Dec 6, 2009
    Unemployed
    st helens (UK)
    I cant wait to jump into that Helicopter, we wont be saying poor dave nomore we will be saying by dave..

13. schplurg

Fortunately, Dave is as tough as he is dumb, so it's nothing a little miracle surgery can't fix, as long as they find all of him :D

14. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Schplurg, there you are! I'm buying this.

Matter of fact i'll buy two:D

15. schplurg

I'll save 2 just for you! I think you PMd me ages ago and I replied, but it was a group message or...something I dunno, but I got the feeling you never received it.

Tell you what, if you buy two, the third one is free ;)

In other news, I'm trying to add as many jumps as I can into the game. Even as I polish up the menus and such I am working on jumps as well.

And for the record, there is no DLC that you'll have to pay for. You will receive a complete feature packed game, however, I have a feeling that no matter how many jumps I put in, people will just want more. If that is the case, I will deliver!

16. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    I got to test this and it is pretty good. Dave is funny and his crashes are too. Plus the stunts are ridiculous!

17. schplurg

You mean pretty damned good! :D

18. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Duke Nukem + Motorcycle = Epic win :D

19. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I just wanted to add that that the trailer vid is nicely presented. Especially from a TA/developer;)

20. veecheech

veecheech Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota
    Wow this looks really fun, I'm really excited for it. The ragdoll physics in the crashes are hilarious! I also think that Daredevil Dave's attitude is going to provide some fun as well.