★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Welcome to the Geometry Dash forum! Please read!

09-11-2015, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leodiazj13 View Post
Well, i think the rule about level requests is fine, because if they allow level requests, everyone will do their level requests and won't post anything else (I think), and that's why the other thread was made, or not?

Also, if you allow everything here, including level requests, then will you delete the level requests thread?

EDIT: I don't know if RobTop was the one behind the level requests prohibition
See, exactly! That's why we have request/add-me threads for games in a different sub-forum. Why am I asking though? Because I've seen countless "YOU'RE GONNA GET BANNED!" posts in the main thread whenever someone posts a request, as well as quite a bit of reported posts. I don't know who gave the guys the idea that if someone posts a level request, a moderator is going to chop off their heads. Then again, that did happen for quite a while, didn't it? >_>

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.
09-11-2015, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dako1 View Post
It was psj... but the thread reached the point where people started posting the same level request every 1 or 2 pages, and they were a lot, psj warned them but that wasn't enough, we still had to scroll pages to read something different, so psj banned level requests completely.
Well, that's a good reason for banning level requests. But i think we have to start to forget about the level request rules.

RobTop doesn't complain about it, because he starred/features lots of levels that were requested in the main thread recently, even I requested a level and i got a feature!

The thing is, i think we all have to decide (with RobTop and moderators) what to do about the rules about level requests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
See, exactly! That's why we have request/add-me threads for games in a different sub-forum. Why am I asking though? Because I've seen countless "YOU'RE GONNA GET BANNED!" posts in the main thread whenever someone posts a request, as well as quite a bit of reported posts. I don't know who gave the guys the idea that if someone posts a level request, a moderator is going to chop off their heads. Then again, that did happen for quite a while, didn't it? >_>
I think this level request banning started with PSJ

I'm ABSTRACTDARK on GD
Stars: 8076
User Coins: 587

Last edited by leodiazj13; 09-11-2015 at 05:44 PM.

09-11-2015, 05:46 PM
Name:  image1.jpeg
Views: 192
Size:  18.0 KB
09-11-2015, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gd benjamaster7 View Post
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

28270823 go play it n stuff
09-11-2015, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GD Benjamaster7 View Post
Is that you? ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

I'm ABSTRACTDARK on GD
09-11-2015, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
I obviously haven't been following the entire thread, but do you (or does anyone else) know if RobTop (or the regulars) asked for there not to be level requests in the main thread? How did that start? The Geometry Dash thread is an entire community on its own and obviously doesn't follow the regular TouchArcade rules, so I'm just curious if it was just psj who came along and decided that you guys shouldn't mention level requests in the main thread.
Yup, it was PSJ. RobTop doesn't have any problems with level requests, he responds to them all the time on the main thread even after the rule was created.
09-11-2015, 06:30 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to P14y3r
This is very cool
The level requests banning started around the time 1.9 came out (and the community grew ever so bigger); I think PSJ just got fed up with moderating the tons of requests.
I'm totally fine with allowing requests on here, since there are tons of people that make amazing levels but barely get 100 downloads. User generated content is basically the focus of the game, I don't see the point of banning it.

Geometry Dash player and creator! My GD name is P14
09-11-2015, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P14y3r View Post
This is very cool
The level requests banning started around the time 1.9 came out (and the community grew ever so bigger); I think PSJ just got fed up with moderating the tons of requests.
I'm totally fine with allowing requests on here, since there are tons of people that make amazing levels but barely get 100 downloads. User generated content is basically the focus of the game, I don't see the point of banning it.
Well the cool thing is, you're not limited to a single thread any more. In this sub-forum, you can create any and all threads you like for anything you like (within reason and, you know, on the legal side )

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
09-11-2015, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
Well the cool thing is, you're not limited to a single thread any more. In this sub-forum, you can create any and all threads you like for anything you like (within reason and, you know, on the legal side )
What will you the mods do with the level request thread?

Now that here we can do anything we want?

I'm ABSTRACTDARK on GD
09-11-2015, 07:20 PM
Probably just let it mellow, no harm in keeping it around.