Universal Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 5, 2012.

1. agentblank

agentblank Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I love this game so much! The depth of field can make it hard to see, but I bought a sight and now i can see fine in the sights. I am doing really well so far. 2.52 kd and 2.37 win loss.

2. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    That is really really nice k/d

3. mr_joe

mr_joe Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2012
    This game is epic

4. Drkrelic

Drkrelic Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    How will it run on an ipad 2? (currently downloading)

5. exvitaexire

exvitaexire Active Member

Oct 31, 2012
    I wish i could have a k/d spread like that. But with virtual controls thats not happening. Any tips for the mutliplayer?

6. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    #546 imuddy, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
    I get this message saying host disconnected and I get kicked?

Maybe its me, but the loading time is too long. The game rooms are never full, its always 3v3 and its annoying that it is so hard to find people.

Last but not least, can they give the player a worst starting weapon?

Just kinda disappointed that in the 20mins of play time half was waiting for people to get into rooms or loading.

7. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    Soooooooo.. Kinda got dissapointed about prestiging. Same as mc3. Nothing gets unlocked other than new icon. I was hoping for some kinda other reward or something

8. Solidfart

Solidfart Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    #548 Solidfart, Dec 6, 2012
    Complaints complaints and more complaints. Wow is all I can say. If I didn't have an iPhone 5 to play the game on, I would really believe a lot of the none-sense I've been reading here in the last few pages.

...game is not optimized for iPad 3....
    No, its not the game that is the bottle neck, it's the weak iPad 3.

...game lags on iPhone 5....
    I've put in 5 hours last night in both single n multiplayer and I had ZERO lag.

...I want high frame rate over nice effect...
    Yeah well if the game ran at 60fps and looked like sh!t you'd be complaining even more.

...colors are too blend....
    Who gives a crap when a game is this good!

...MC3 was better at....
    Go back to MC3, easy solution!

9. Jman7997

Jman7997 Active Member

Oct 17, 2012
    #549 Jman7997, Dec 6, 2012
    Here's what I have found from playing for a few hours...

The game feels completely different from mc3 and mc2, and I think it's a good change. Gameloft isn't trying to copy cod anymore, and instead are trying out there own ideas to improve their game, which is AWESOME!

First, campaign:
    Mc3 and mc2, I found I was pushing myself to finish the campaign, not very fun. I didn't know what was wrong with it, it just wasn't fun. First mission in mc4 had more fun and surprises than anything before it! The ai has improved, and while not perfect, put up much more of a fight. The levels aren't as corridor like anymore, instead having multiple attack points and strategies. I came up to an office room in mission 3, and I was quite surprised to see two entrances into the actual room. And this continued for the rest of the level! It was amazing! The set peices were epic, with explosions, and peices flying all around you, and it wasn't just at the end, it was a constant bombardment of great levels! In the end, the campaign feels very cod like, and I almost found myself playing the campaign for hours instead of multiplayer:p

Score 4.25

Multiplayer:

Gameloft has given us something totally different from mc3 or cod. The costumazation available, the gun mechanics, the strategy involved.....it is FUN! First off, the costumazation system is great, allowing you to really make your gun into anything you want! If anyone plays airsoft a lot, and enjoys upgrading their air guns, then you will absolutely LOVE this! You can take the same gun, and you can make it into DMR, stealth, or just plain assault rifle, something never really done before.
    The actual gameplay feels very unique, like a blend between battlefield and cod. It actually feels like a greatly improved and refined modern combat domination. The maps are big, real, alive, but well designed, allowing you to get confrontation not long afterm you spawn. I've only played warfare, zone control, and team death match, but the major complaint I have for all of these modes is they aren't long enough, especially for ranked matches. If this was mc3, then the match time and goal would be fine, but if they want tactical gameplay, they are going to need to increase the time and score limit on most of the modes...except for team deathmatch, that Is good:)
    I've encountered a period where I wasn't able to get into any game, and that went on for about thirty minutes, but I was able to get in at one point, and it was smooth sailing.....
    I really was looking forward to text chat, and that was the biggest con for me, as it felt like it could be extremely tactical, but without communication, it's more run and gun:/
    The frame rate and lag can get sorta bad, at times. But overall, I estimate it is running at above 30+, and was equal, or better than mc3, but hopefully it gets better as the servers warm up:)

Score: 4.00

Overall, great game, play the campaign first, get used to it, and have fun:)

10. Jman7997

Jman7997 Active Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Good, not great. For me, the same as mc3:)

11. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Unlockable tuxedo! We need one!

12. agentblank

May 8, 2012
    Anyone see the glitch where you kill someone and they fly ridiculously high in the air?

13. leedavid

leedavid Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Anyone noticed that map Paradise never shows up for Multiplayer? I have been playing for hours now, and even tried to switch rooms a lot for ranked matches, but had Paradise map for battle only once.
    For me, Paradise is visually-appealing, so I keep looking forward to having a ranked match in there, but it never shows up.
    Anyone else having this problem? Or is it just me :(

14. Scary Guns

Scary Guns Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Wow with all these complaints even from people with iPhone 5s. Thank god I did not purchase right away. From the looks of things this game should be priced at $4.99 cdn.

15. Solidfart

Solidfart Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    So now apple is moving even faster with the releases. When did the 5s come out, yesterday?

16. TheOnlyExalted

Oct 10, 2012
    Works really well. That's what I bought it for not to much lag. And looks really good.

17. agentblank

May 8, 2012
    Oh, and I like the dismemberment.

18. gfxdaddy

gfxdaddy Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Male
    Illustrator | Web | Graphic | Digital Publishing D
    London, UK
    ibebyi is spot on: depends on your device. Gameplaywise it's an incremental (in every sense of the word) upgrade to MC3...which isn't a bad thing. It's a good game, definitely fun when the choppiness (iPad Mini) isnt getting in the way, but it's not too different from MC3 as some overzealous posters here would have you believe.

I cannot speak for the iPhone 5 or any lower specced devices (I'm not installing it on my 4S), but I can speak for the ipad Mini—which is essentially the same hardware as the ipad 2. On the Mini, the game is running at less than 30fps in busy scenes and the choppiness is VERY noticeable. Pulls me out of being immersed in the game. We do get full effects though, but I'd rather give up on character shadows in exchange for a bit of a performance boost. In comparison, NOVA 3 runs flawlessly on my Mini.

I'd say that, judging from some posts here, it's definitely worth purchasing if you have an iPhone 5. If you have a Mini I'd say wait for an update that is hopefully better optimized. For other devices you'd pretty much be taking a gamble.

19. X6m

X6m Member

Dec 6, 2012
    Well I give up on this game, I can't see a way I can get used to this crap. Aiming with the thumb and shooting at the same tim is impossible for me to do. Meanwhile everyone seems to have perfect aim.

20. realtalkmydude

realtalkmydude Active Member

Dec 4, 2012
    I don't really feel like cycling through 56 pages to find a answer to my question so I'll ask it here:

How well does the game run on 4s? MC3, Wild Blood, NOVA 3,Infinity Blade 2 and Vice City run smooth so I kinda expect this one to run smooth also.