Notifications issue on TouchArcade App

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Infinity89, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    I recently changed my mobile and have stopped receiving notifications. This happened before as well when I changed my mobile. I contacted support but haven't heard back I thought I would post here so someone can help.

2. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Male
    Development Manager
    Atlanta, GA
    There won't be any new updates to the TA App anytime soon. In fact, it should be removed from the App Store this fall automatically after the iOS 11 API changes go live that don't allow 32-bit apps to be downloaded anymore. Kind of sad, because I did enjoy the app.

3. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Game Taster
    Wisconsin
    Are any of the patreon donations being allocated towards the development of a new app?

All I keep reading is that it cannot be updated and am curious if there is any news on what the next step would be.

Just curious. Thanks!

4. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    It's not like updating the app. Last time this happened they told me that my account was associated with multiple devices and he removed the devices I wasn't using and I was able to receive notifications on the new device.
    I can still get notifications on the old device but can't on the new one.

5. jForsythe

jForsythe Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Ohh god if this app is being pulled i take it this app won't work anymore.? If so is there another app like this we can use.?

p.s. Minor issue sometimes on my watchlist i have a game that i never followed.? Is this normal that some games get followed automatically.?
    Love this app and it will be missed.