What's the biggest BUST of 2009?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by julzsantana15, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. julzsantana15

julzsantana15 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Michigan
    2009 was a great year iPhone games, but to some it turned out to be tragic:(
    Just for fun and curiosty: Whats the biggest BUST, dissapointment, or just a wrong thing that happen to an iPhone game or something in 2009? For me, I would probably say the MC:S multiplayer update.... We all know how that went.
    What would you guys say is a BUST?

2. lolymoli

lolymoli Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    BaseBall Slugger update, i spent the 20$ on it accidently thinking it was 2$, very stupid of me..

3. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I initially loved that game but don't think I ever played it again after the update. But then again, I don't have wifi at home so I was mostly playing solo.

4. Themagictouch

Themagictouch Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    playing solo :rolleyes: heheheh

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Alchemize.

Definately NOT worth $39.99. :mad:

6. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Hilly billy, Nex, and minigore (although, Mountain sheep have redeemed themselves). Oh and I forgot worms...**** worms!

7. iStephen

iStephen Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Ohio
    did you really buy it when it was $39.99??

8. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    The S.o.G by SGN vs FR update
    Tht is surely a competition!

9. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Definately not. ;)

I think there's some pretty bug busts in this one: :p

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

10. iPodtouchfancarjacks

iPodtouchfancarjacks Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    north carliona
    lol boobs but that game sucked i was playing my bro and i won and it said we both one bad game

11. Kartel

Kartel Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Hilly Billy wow forgot that.. hyped to hell with their super FPS controls (laughable now). Turned out to be utter crap.

12. Themagictouch

Themagictouch Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    big busts :rolleyes:

13. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    lol @ drelbs, those stars on that girl are like goal posts. :p

My biggest disappointment this year was pretty much everything to do with the Eliminate/Touch Pets business model. I felt like those two games were some long, drawn out, crappy beta program. Which sucks because I actually liked the games themselves. I guess they had to start somewhere, with it being a totally new concept, but as the consumer I feel like I got shafted.

14. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

How so? You never need to buy anything, it's pretty awesome. I'm still playing Eliminate and Touch Pets and I haven't spent a dime on either.

15. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    And one heck of an advertising model - "download XXX game for energy/food in this game..." keeps those numbers up in iTunes...

16. julzsantana15

julzsantana15 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Michigan

Yeah, there you biggest bust of 09

17. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Yeah, true. In fact I've defended their whole pay concept many times in the respective threads. I don't have a problem with it on paper, just the way they executed it. I didn't like how they constantly changed recharge times, or dog food prices, stuff like that. I guess it had to be that way, as they were learning as they went. Also, I think there's something good to be said about their ability to tweak the games on the fly. They did make plenty of good tweaks, and they did listen to our feedback. What was irritating in TP was that because I bought some food to support the game, I wouldn't get the rechargeable food. Why punish me, I gave you money! :) It's all the little things like that that added up to me feeling shafted.

Like I said, I DO like both the games themselves, and I'm still playing TP. Once I get all the Plus+ points, I'll probably not play it anymore. That's kinda all that's keeping me going. Plus I still have plenty of food that I bought. As for Eliminate, I loved the hell out of that game at first. Playing it constantly everyday. And everyday it seemed like there was something new to get mad at. I have tons of energy cells saved up, but I haven't even played in weeks. I haven't even played 1.1 :eek: but that's just me being bitter. It's stupid really, I should be playing.

In the end I'm not mad at the idea of ngmoco's business model, but that doesn't help the feeling that I paid to help beta test something, because basically I did. I know I didn't HAVE to spend money, but that's the idea, right? They're TRYING to sell people on spending their money. I just felt like my money wasn't always worth what I was led to believe it would be, and I kinda feel like I wasted it. I will say I much prefer the recent trend of releasing a lite version with paid DLC to make it a full game. I'd much rather pay a dev a one time fee to upgrade than be paying constantly over time. I think when Eliminate and TP were being made, this wasn't even an option though.

18. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Simple; Eliminate.

19. Spocket

Spocket Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Simply disagree.

20. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Of course people will disagree, but its true.