iPad Planet of Heroes - Mobile MOBA, community-driven. Closed Test soon.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Fast Forward, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

Aug 2, 2016
    Collective Bear Wrestling
    Moscow, Russia
    Gentlemen,

Allow me to introduce our brand new, upcoming title for Moba players, Planet of Heroes.

[​IMG]

Whether you are addicted to the PC platform Moba such as League or Dota and need to ease that competitive itch eased while on the bus to work, cannot queue up because dinner is ready in ten minutes, or you simply cannot devote 40 minutes or more to the game undistracted, we've got you covered.

In addition, we believe that we can leave some of the game design decision up to the vote of the community. For this, we work together with high-profile people from the Moba community such as Cowsep or PinkWardLoL and their communities to get their ideas about the lane setup, the importance of jungle, the choice of skins or which heroes to develop.

In late August, we will invite interested players to our Closed Alpha Test to get a direct view to the game as we progress towards release in Q4 this year.

Further information can of course be found on our website and the Social Media Channels: Facebook - Twitter - Reddit - Website

2. dwincelowicz

dwincelowicz Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2015
    Security
    Sarasota, FL
    I mean, I get that they're making a play at "Grandma's Boy", the now-cult-comedy-classic about a weed smoking game tester wanting to be a developer who's competing for the affection the main developer of a game company.. But.. I just can't like this. The game doesn't seem interesting, and another MOBA? =/ Idk. I guess we'll wait and see, and I'll reserve my absolute judgement until more information is released.

3. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

Aug 2, 2016
    Moscow, Russia
    @dwincelowicz: Happy to reply to any specific questions you might have :) Generally, we feel that while there's about 5 decent Mobas for mobile, none catch either the essence of the game type itself, or don't cater to mobile devices and its implications too well. Not seeking to replace the PC Moba titles at all, rather complimentary.

Meanwhile, let me share some early concept art:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    YES ANOTHER MOBA!
    Still waiting for the perfect mobile MOBA so I'm happy to see devs trying to fill the gap.
    Solstice Arena had a great thing going but the devs gave up on it. Vainglory is trying to be a PC MOBA.

Besides, since when did people stop making games simply because there were other games in that genre? There would never be any new games.

5. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

Aug 2, 2016
    Moscow, Russia
    Only about 2 weeks left for Closed Alpha Testing stage, so we played a little with camera settings during a match. How do you like it?

[​IMG]

6. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    Looks good just waiting to get in the beta

7. Kimchisoju

Kimchisoju Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    Love it!

Signed up, hope i got in, twittling fingers and the switch like that is easier on the eyes (speaking of the camera angle) i dont know why but my eyes dont adjust well to harder to see things.

8. chubbypillow

chubbypillow Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2012
    NY
    Cool, someone else shares my sentiment. I thought solstice arena was brilliant. Fates forever was pretty good too. We need a moba that doesnt have an item shop, that doesnt have a pay to win model (tiered champions), that is up to 3v3 max, has a minimap which you can pan over, a simple ping system like in solstice arena, a moba that can be completed in under 20 minutes, and well designed champions (fun skill kit, looks cool). Oh, and a moba where devs wont give up on after a few months. Am i asking for too much?! ;d. Love the artwork and in game models in planet of heroes though. Maybe this is the one everyones been waiting for.

9. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Isweartahgodidid

I seriously don't play moba's....I hate them. BUT...holy hell...glad I tried this cause its awesome..seriously...needs more player characters, but good start.