Congruence: [Beta testers requested]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jpswensen, Apr 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpswensen

jpswensen Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Postdoctoral Associate
    Pullman, WA
    I have been working on this game for a while (being a one-man shop with a day job means it gets done in fits and spurts), but I really like how it is turning out. It has a game/puzzle mechanism I haven't seen before in a game and it was actually kindof fun from a math and programming standpoint to code all the polygon boolean logic. I am ready to start getting some feedback from gamers who aren't friends and family.

Congruence is a turn-based puzzle game of geometry and territory. Think Tron Cycles meets Go. Each player takes turns shooting a puck around the territory, choosing a completed polygon to score, applying any power-ups, and finishing your turn.

Power-ups include: Lock, Unlock, Explode, and Grow. New power-ups randomly appear at the end of each player's turn. A full description about each power-up, including the "lock on double capture" is explained in detail in the More->How to Play menu option from within the game.

So, if you are interested in giving this a try, PM me your AppleID email and I will get you added to our list of TestFlight external testers. I will probably be sending out the initial round of invites around the middle of next week.

Here is a preliminary video about the interface and how one player's turn works, including the powerup tray.

2. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    The game looks cool !

3. jpswensen

jpswensen Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Postdoctoral Associate
    Pullman, WA
    I'm glad! I think I am a pretty good coder, but not as good as an artist. I tried to give it a flat minimalist look. I have always been impressed with the game Letterpress because of how fluid and beautiful the interface is despite its flat look.