Trenches - Tempting Teasers

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ThunderGameWorks, Dec 30, 2009.

1. ThunderGameWorks

ThunderGameWorks Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Ah yes, if you have been following Trenches in the recent past, you would likely know that we at Thunder Game Works like to tease. This thread is dedicated to just that to show off what we've been working on with Trenches!

Teaser 1: Enjoy and discuss! ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's all for now! Ok then, bye bye now.

2. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Well not much to discuss since it's pretty obvious:rolleyes:

3. ThunderGameWorks

Nov 14, 2009
    We would like to see how interested the community is in getting multiplayer for Trenches. ;)

4. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    i think it would be pretty awesome, but it looks like it's local wifi and I dont go to my friends house and be like "HEY! Screw MW2 Lets play on our ipod! YEAAAAH"

5. ThunderGameWorks

Nov 14, 2009
    What from the screenshot indicates Local Wi-Fi?

6. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    [​IMG]

If it's only blueooth and wifi I assum it'll be local. Unless there is an online option in the wifi mode?

7. Trotsky40

Trotsky40 Member

Aug 7, 2009
    For online multiplayer, I would say very freakin' interested.... For local multiplayer, not so much. I have never used local multiplayer, but use online multiplayer all the time.

8. ItsMattyT

ItsMattyT Member

Dec 23, 2009
    :D

:O!
    I want this.
    Any Beta going please contact me.

9. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Cool!!! I think this might take the AppStore by storm!

10. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    If it's online, then, OMG OMG OMG :eek::eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:D:D.
    If it's local, then, oh well :(.

11. ipodrocks123

ipodrocks123 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    If it's online that will be awesome but if it is local aleast they gave us something but online...is it online I can't wait to know!

12. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    This is cool and all but I usually like the single player modes so would be more interested if the campaign mode was expanded.

13. ThunderGameWorks

Nov 14, 2009
    We absolutely hear you. We are definitely expanding the campaign in the next update and providing the campaign with varying types of missions, such as VIP, wave defense, and more.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. :)

14. Raphie123

Raphie123 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    One thing that would be very fun is to have different mode to play (i.e : capture the flag, Kamikaze, survival, etc.), but not only in the campaign. It would be very fun to have it too in the skirmish mode ('cuz I play a lot of skirmish match :rolleyes: ).

As for the multiplayer, I agree with the others : I never play local, so online would be freakin' fun!

Cheers,

Raphie123

15. ThunderGameWorks

Nov 14, 2009
    #15 ThunderGameWorks, Dec 31, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
    Uh oh! I think you just wondered upon our second teaser!

[​IMG]

Yep, you got it.... we are adding different modes (capture the flag, VIP, Wave Defense, to name a few.) of play for the skirmish AND the campaigns. Exciting, isn't it? Get's me all giddy just talking about it

16. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    This sounds wonderful! I have already replayed all the campaigns modes so many times. I like the campaigns even more than skirmish so I don't mind! But to have different skirmish modes too? Awesome! Sounds like a huge update!

17. ballistic

ballistic Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    WOW! I'm really excited.

As far as multiplayer goes, thats awesome, be it local or over the internet.

As far as the other game types and fleshed out campaign, thats really cool too. The mention of a capture the flag mode really gets me asking a lot of questions. If its two flags, then wouldn't you need a new unit that could go behind enemy lines? or maybe a changed game mechanic, at least just for that gametype. Otherwise it just wouldn't work, because getting to the other teams flag would be just like winning a regular game. Am I making sense? This is really exciting.

18. Blackucard

Blackucard Active Member

Dec 28, 2009
    dude omggg i freaking love you!! jk jk

Wow I REALLY can't wait for this update. It's going to make this already amazing game 15x better! Can't wait!!:):)

19. ThunderGameWorks

Nov 14, 2009
    Why don't you guys discuss it? We could really use your insight on this, since we basically run the same questions between ourselves as we try to set it out to make sense and play well.

Perhaps it could be a single flag in the center of the stage. If the enemy takes it, hit them with artillery as they try to run or block their path with poison gas.

20. ballistic

ballistic Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    #20 ballistic, Dec 31, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
    hmm..... For capture the flag mode, I think one flag like you said would probably be a good way to go.

Or you could have both one flag and two flag modes.....

With two flag mode there could be a unit that infiltrates behind enemy lines maybe, invisible to other units. But obviously there would need to be a counter unit that could see and easily kill him. And I think it would be cool if it were, for lack of a better term, "vertically sensitive". In other words, if the "spy" unit were on the bottom of the screen, but the counter, ("seeing eye") unit were on the top of the screen, he couldn't see the spy.