Return to Mysterious Island (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Photobooth, May 31, 2009.

1. Photobooth

Photobooth Active Member

Jan 7, 2009
    I am enjoying this game, but the glitches and inventory screen make me feel like its the game that isn't working rather than my ability to figure it out. I actually went to the PC version walkthrough online and that doesn't seem to work all the time. So I am appealing to those out there who know for help.

I am at the point of the game where I have an uncooked cake and I can't cook it in the oven. Is this supposed to be possible? I also want to get by the big bad monkey on the other side of the bridge. I tried to look online for help but it says I need the cake or bamboo, but the cake is uncooked and my bamboo doesn't work on the sulfur pool. Any ideas?

Thanks

2. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  3. Photobooth

Photobooth Active Member

Jan 7, 2009
    figued out the cake

Strange, but you can't bake the cake in the oven, you need the open fire. This game is a bit different than the pc version.

Now If I can just get the Canon to fire!!! gunpowder and a canon ball went in... But I'm not sure what to do next. This seems different than the PC version too.

Soren

4. Photobooth

Photobooth Active Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Crash..

I got into a never ending crashing bug where my inventory just crashes me... Bummer, I'm going to have to start over to get out of it, and I seemed so close to the end too. Just tryign to get the Canon to fire at the robot outside....

5. Photobooth

Photobooth Active Member

Jan 7, 2009
    loading the canon (Nemo's Ship section)

I got back to the spot I was after the crashing. Now.

Does anyone know how t load the Cannon on the iphone version. When you add a cannon ball the cannon shows gun powder, when you add gunpowder it shows a cannon ball being added... then it tells me the canon isn't loaded properly. This seems like one of the last steps in the game and I am stuck.

Thanks.

6. mrman54

mrman54 New Member

Jun 2, 2009
    hey ive bn stuck on this bit 4 AGES!!! finally found out u need to use nails on it and nail it shut again. then u click on wick. it shud fire! hope it helped :)

7. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    OK, just started playing.

How do I start a fire?

What do I do with the metals on the wall (where you climb up and she says its odd)?

That dry plant with spikes, what do I do?

I need helP! Thansl.

8. Photobooth

Photobooth Active Member

Jan 7, 2009
    To really get the game moving you need a knife. Use a rock on the wreckage of the boat near the ocean and it falls apart. The metal piece you get can be made into a knife by combining it with the rock in your inventory (this was new to me, combining items in the inventory is really important just take one object and drag it onto another in the inventory sceen and watch what happens). keep the knife in your hand for a while and all sorts of good stuff happens. Fire is similar, combine the silex and the metal plaque and you get a lighter, then combine the lighter with two burnable oblects liek the dry lichen and the wood that you collected from the boat. Hope that helps. I bet you can figure out the vine with the spikes now, it always depends on what is in your hand.

Soren

9. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Yeah, just noticed combining. OK, so do you know where I can get the "lens"?

10. Photobooth

Photobooth Active Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Thanks MrMann, I had allready figured out the nails, but for some reason I had never touched the cannon just right to get the drawer to close.... The combination of things with action icons and things without tricks you. I think the game would be slightly easier without the help and just larger objects.

Soren

11. Photobooth

Photobooth Active Member

Jan 7, 2009
    If you are looking for the lens there is a clue in a box near the windmill, if you really want to know then read on...

There are not always action icons on every object that needs to be manipulated. This gets confusing, sometimes it screams out "touch me" or "do something here" But don't be fooled, sometimes you just have to click on things and this is like that. Beyond the arch there are disturbances in the sand, click around.

12. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    OK it seems I don't need the lens, that that is later on the game.
    I JUST started playing. I need to start a fire. I have driftwood and Amadou. But how on earth do I start a fire on that little corner she says would be good for a fire?

13. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    OK, got some stuff done. How do I take the lens outta the telescope?

14. Photobooth

Photobooth Active Member

Jan 7, 2009
    always try to use tools on objects by combining them. what tools do you have?

Soren

15. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Nevermind, solved it. The devs have been helping me out with maps of the levels. I'll ask if I can post them here.

16. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
  17. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    OK I need help. I just got into the third zone. Collected everything, read the note. But where can I find a candle or something to light my way into the places that are dark?

18. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Anyone know how to make a battery for the lantern? I'm trying combining that little pot with black stuff in it that says "koh" , clay, that rod with metals. But I need one more thing.

19. Photobooth

Photobooth Active Member

Jan 7, 2009
    To make a Lantern (spoiler in white text just highlight to see)Combine the wick with the fat and use the combined lamp it forms on the candle near the dark cave near Captain Nemo (End Spoiler highlight from Spoiler to Spoiler)

20. Photobooth

Photobooth Active Member

Jan 7, 2009
    (spoiler in white text just highlight to see)Sulphuric acid and SaltPeter combined then put that combo on the Still to get Nitric acid. Use the Nitric acid with the rest of what goes together to form the battery(End Spoiler highlight from Spoiler to Spoiler) I didn't figure out this, I looked it up online....