Zenonia.. *spoilers*

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Twazzock, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Twazzock

Twazzock Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    So I've just started getting into Zenonia, and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.. I got to the Cave of Deceit at about level 10, and obviously got my arse handed to me. Since then I've just been doing all the sidequests in Adonis and stuff, grinding a fair bit and whatnot. I'm level 19 now and I still struggle every time I try giving the Cave another go.

So, am I doing something wrong? I have plenty of potions, good armour, the Soul Edge sword etc, so I don't feel under-equipped. And I've spent a good few hours grinding and doing sidequests so I don't think I'm rushing. I don't play many RPGs - especially not Korean ones - so is this normal for a game like this?

Anyway, few questions:

1. What level should I aim to be to do the Cave comfortably, without using up Origins of Life/too many potions and whatnot?

2. Where exactly do I go in the Cave? I followed the entrances to each bit, and ended up going in a circle.

Thanks in advance >_>

2. axin92

axin92 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I'm just a bit behind you, just started the Cave of Deceit part, only I'm still on level 4 :S I guess I should fight more monsters? And to fight, am I missing something or is all you do just keep touching the button in the bottom right?

3. Twazzock

Jul 1, 2009
    Yeah you just mash the button. And level 4.. wow, I think you need to grind more. I read that the Deceit boss is level 20 so yeah.. got a lot of work ahead of you I guess.

4. axin92

axin92 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    A lot of work? :S
    I did not fight a lot of monsters at the beginning, so I guess I'll just need to go back and fight more?

5. joelypolly

joelypolly New Member

Jul 24, 2008
    You should be at level 24 ish to be able to comfortably win.

In the cave just head head straight when you get in. There should only be one way down for each section.

When you reach the boss make sure you push the blocks on to the switches before you try killing the boss as you can't hurt him otherwise.

6. axin92

axin92 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Help!
    I can't back to the town (I think Ayles?) from Adonis. I need to go back to fight more monsters to level up but I can't find my way back. Is it possible to get back? I'm way to weak right now to complete the cave of deceit quest. :(

7. rafdelag

rafdelag Member

May 25, 2009
    you can use a teleport scroll (if you have one)...otherwise you must find your way back from the cave of deceit...there is only 1 way back, so I dont know why you get lost; simply go from cave of deceit center to the left to cave of deceit north and then all the way to the left again to the first level...

8. Nico75

Nico75 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Grind grind grind..I know it takes forever!!

9. axin92

axin92 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I try starting from south Adonis. But then wherever I go I can't go left, only south and in one part I can go right to the cave. I don't get it :(

10. Psyuper

Psyuper Member

Aug 5, 2009
    I've played and beaten the game. And I love it. Now... remind me... what Cave is The Cave of Deceit? What kind of enemies are in the cave? Also, what class are you? Because depending on that you may have raised the wrong stats or learned the wrong skills... If you're a Assassin and you raised your Streangth then you're way off the beaten path... It's all about stats man. My character is a level 70 assassin with over 200 Agility and almost nothing else. If you're playing a warrior you should up your streangth, and possiably stanama...?

11. axin92

axin92 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    :(
    I'll probably end up resorting to starting the game over. Wasted an hour :(

12. axin92

axin92 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    There's so much I just don't understand about the game, what are skills, how do I use them, learn them, what do I use them for?
    I don't get all the item business either.
    So many questions, don't know where to start

13. Twazzock

Jul 1, 2009
    I'm a Warrior. I have about 50 Str and 35ish on my other stats. Guides on stats and stuff overwhelm me, I prefer to just work things out myself without worrying about following the perfect stat pattern.

14. axin92

axin92 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    what's grinding?

15. Twazzock

Jul 1, 2009
    In all honesty, if you don't know what grinding means then you're going to struggle with any RPG that involves it. :/

It's where you fight monsters in an area over and over until you're the right level to progress. Some games, like Zenonia, encourage it by making it vital in order to progress with the story. Other games, like Lost Odyssey on 360, implement systems that prevent the need for any sort of grinding.