Universal Super Snake - Coming by Jun-24

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by antony.thai, Jun 6, 2014.

1. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

I'm allowed to send more codes today for Super Snake, does anyone want to take a look at the game now?

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thank you so much for the complements. I am not really sure if you need to fix or adjust the controls, I think it might just be me. As for the English I cannot figure out how to do the tutorial again. If you have the text that is displayed during the tutorial then I could easily help you, no problem. Good luck with your game! :D

3. antony.thai

Thank you a lot. I will be sending my txt to your inbox right now.

Cheers,
    Antony

4. GaZ-OiD

GaZ-OiD Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    #24 GaZ-OiD, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
    First off this is not my type of game really BUT....... and this is good, I actually enjoyed it!! :)

Nice presentation, nice crisp graphics/sound, responsive control and fun!!
    I can actually see me playing this more than I would have expected.

EDITED AND ADDED

Going from one level to the next is very disorientating!!!! I would like to see a short time lapse to see where you are in the new level before the game continues because it's very easy to crash simply because you don't have time to see or avoid your new surroundings

Nice work and good luck with it :)

GaZ

5. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I never received anything. Are you still planning on sending it?

6. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Got a moment to play this and I'm pretty impressed. As with GaZ-OiD, I'm not a massive fan of the Snake sub-genre unless it does something new like Nimble Quest did. It's like dumping the Snake character inside an 80s synth rock album cover and it works really well.

Games like this rely on spot on controls to work though and I'm happy with them at the moment. My deaths were mainly my own fault mixed with a little getting used to how things work. It took a while to adjust to the dimensions of your character in regards to avoiding obstacles and picking up items but it comes quickly.

The replayability factor is high as well, which is great to see. Constant progress is always made so there's a reason to come back to it. The only fault I could raise is that it would be nice to know how many stars are left to collect in each level, just so I can prioritise picking up coins once I'm on the last one. Other than that, I'm really enjoying it - should go down very well once it releases!

Thank you for the early access code!

7. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Thanks a lot for your feedback. We have taken a free space near the gate where the snake appears, it will be orienting you at beginning of each level, but maybe it's not familiar enough. So we will recheck it again.

Cheers, :)

8. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Thanks for the pm and the code. Per your request are my impressions and suggestions.
    Thank you.

I like the new take on the snake game genre.
    It has a fun and colorful, futuristic feel.
    Having power ups is a nice addition.
    I personally like the game.
    Having different levels keeps the game interesting and unknown.
    It took me a minute to figure out the controls, but they are easy enough.
    It is very creative having each piece of the snake being a life and each block that he runs into, becomes a loss of a life.
    Knowing this becomes a part of the strategy in the game. At times I would decide if it was worth losing a life by going through 1 block to have that extra opening that I could go through again later.
    Like the old snake game, this one has 'baddies' that you are not supposed to run into. And; they've got spikes! You also can not run into the walls.
    But seriously, once you play, you quickly realize that Super Snake is very different.
    Game runs smooth. I didn't notice any lags or slow downs. No glitches.

Suggestions or things I would like to see:

# Better explanation of rules or how to play. And; the ability to check them again during other levels.
    # When I first purchased a power up with coins or currency earned in the game, I was confused at first because there is a pop up that asks if I am sure that I want to do it. In fact, it has the words 'Warning, are you sure.....' This pop up looks similar to the pop up that sometimes appears in other games when confirming an in app purchase for real money. At first I hesitated, because I was worried that I was going to be charged real money. I would suggest changing the look of the pop up or instead, have a button under the power up icon for the purchase that clearly states it is for that item.
    # When I first started playing, I was asked to input my name. I did not put my name in the box. I ignored it. After playing some, I decided to add my name, but it will not let me do it since I skipped it before.
    # I would love the ability to go back and replay finished levels. Especially so I can try to beat previous scores and scores of others who have played. Also, to get more coins.
    # I saw face-book & twitter integration. Is there Game Center integration? If not I know a lot of people that will want this feature.
    # I would like to see a map at the beginning of the level just for an idea of what I am playing or where I am going. Not during the game play though because it might make it too easy.
    # I really would love the option of a virtual joystick. It would be nice to have the choice of playing with either a joystick, or the finger tap/swipe there is now.

Good luck!

9. antony.thai

Hey all,

Sorry for being late on my reply since I've just came back from a vacation.

Let's me check more deeply on your feedback.

We're doing an update for Super Snake as long as the official version will be release on June-24 next week.

Have a great weekend!
    Antony

10. antony.thai

Super Snake is out now in NZ

11. nickmudry

nickmudry Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Looks interesting! I like what I'm seeing. :)