List of common reasons for App rejection

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by cavalcadegames, May 30, 2009.

1. cavalcadegames

cavalcadegames Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    I would like to compile a list of easy to commit mistakes that cause your app to be rejected.

I am aware of the HIG and other official docs but it would be helpful to the community if we have a quick list to refer to. I will update this as we go along.

1. Use of icons/images of apple trademarks (iphone shapes, apple logos)

2. Use of the Iphone/Ipod Touch word (is this true? lol)

3. Emulating broken screen

4. mentioning beta versions

5. Using system icons or button styles for a different function

anything else?

2. InsertWittyName

InsertWittyName Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Violating section 3.3.7 of the iPhone SDK Agreement:

"Applications may not use any robot, spider, site search or other retrieval application or device to scrape, retrieve
    or index services provided by Apple or its licensors, or to collect information about users for any unauthorized
    purpose. "

Essentially you can't scrape iTunes, App Store, iTunes Connect or any other Apple services.

3. rdklein

rdklein Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
    sw developer, tv producer, hw developer (microcodi
    Munich
    yes:

xxx cannot be posted because it is a feature-limited version. Free or "Lite" versions are acceptable, however the application must be a fully functional app and cannot reference features that are not implemented or up-sell to the full version.

4. M of IMAK

M of IMAK Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    iPhone App Developer
    Austin, TX
    Putting pricing information (e.g. on sale for $1.99) into your app description is now a no-no for the reason that it is normally confusing to non-USD customers. Plus, the description may be out of sync with your pricing if you change both at the same time (or forget to change one and not the other).

Also, make sure you don't forget to bump your version number. I think this gets checked pre-review, but it may take a few days.

Also, make sure your app description matches the features in your app

Also, make sure your app does not contain buttons or descriptions for features that do not work on all devices for which you say your app supports, i.e. don't have a "Vibration On/Off" setting displayed on the iPod touch and don't say your app supports vibration without a disclaimer of 'not on touch'.

Also, don't name your app with a name for which one of your competitors has filed a trademark application, even if their application is abandoned. They can revive it and send you a cease-and-desist email and possibly halt the approval of any apps with that name.