★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Biggest FRAUD in the Top 25 Free Ranking

02-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolzappan View Post
This problem only exists with Apple because it uses an ancient and outdated method to determine ranking. That's why android is truly the better platform, it has it's separate issues but certainly when it comes to figuring out which apps ought to be on top, it does it in a way that makes it impossible to "game".

Statements like this could mean that you might end up at the stake. Bonfire included.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
02-14-2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael8 View Post
Ok, if thatís the case it shouldn't be too hard for apple to improve the situation concerned ranking. They could just use an algorithm that reacts slower like it seems to be used for android and windows phone. On android even if an app is featured and the downloads skyrocket there is a certain timespan with good downloads necessary until it has reached a top ranking.
With this there would be more time to remove the fraudulent in app purchases. Using bots or paying for special services and short term "cheats" would also get less effective as such methods would need a much longer investment with high download numbers to work.

FYI, this came up. Kingdom Conquest involved again:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...hreadid=122631

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
02-14-2012, 02:05 PM
bot networks you say? hmm.. good to know.

i was wondering why so many CRAPPY apps are at the top apps all the time. and i was just thinking that the majority of people are morons

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!
02-18-2012, 12:31 PM
Humanity has fallen low...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap0calypse
Impatient fool!
AMEN TO YOU THREE.
02-20-2012, 04:01 PM
02-20-2012, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfratBarTal View Post
bot networks you say? hmm.. good to know.

i was wondering why so many CRAPPY apps are at the top apps all the time. and i was just thinking that the majority of people are morons
You wouldn't necessarily be wrong there.

Dave's Facebook page. Ya, I don't like FB either but oh well.

Find out about the upcoming Daredevil Dave 2!!!

The best place for info is right here in this thread at TA!