★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Win $20 for reviewing a free game

08-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mene View Post
It should be, imo it's unfair and people leave 5 star glowing reviews in the hope of winning something which might mislead potential buyers.. I find the whole 'win x for reviewing' very very shady indeed.
Well, if people did it RIGHT (leave an honest review, instead of thinking they have a better chance by writing a fake one) then it wouldn't (shouldn't) be against it.
09-19-2013, 11:48 AM
Did someone win?

09-23-2013, 04:33 AM
Thank you for the contest. I will take it for a try and give a review!
09-23-2013, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashcube View Post
Isn't incentivicing reviews against apple's TOC?
Well thats the thing, this is their way to get round that. Previously you could write a review if you got a promo code, now you cant. So now its 'download our free app and write a review in order to try and win $1 gift voucher...' kinda thing.

You see here sometimes, though very rare, someone leaving a 2/5 stars review. But 'amazingly' they never win the competition ! Too many people here leave glowing 5 star reviews for crappy apps. Then months later moan when they see fake reviews for games !

This is one major reason i dont bother with iTunes reviews is because so many are fake or from 'competitions' like this

I mean many people here dont have kids but still give apps 5 stars for some baby app because they want to win $5 or $10, its embarassing.

I wish these 'leave our app a 5 star review to try and win $5...' competitions wouldnt exist. As its just making the reviews on iTunes worse.
09-23-2013, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Well thats the thing, this is their way to get round that. Previously you could write a review if you got a promo code, now you cant. So now its 'download our free app and write a review in order to try and win $1 gift voucher...' kinda thing.

You see here sometimes, though very rare, someone leaving a 2/5 stars review. But 'amazingly' they never win the competition ! Too many people here leave glowing 5 star reviews for crappy apps. Then months later moan when they see fake reviews for games !

This is one major reason i dont bother with iTunes reviews is because so many are fake or from 'competitions' like this

I mean many people here dont have kids but still give apps 5 stars for some baby app because they want to win $5 or $10, its embarassing.

I wish these 'leave our app a 5 star review to try and win $5...' competitions wouldnt exist. As its just making the reviews on iTunes worse.
That's right, but you have to see a side of the developer. This is one of the best way to grow up apps in the App Store.

Administrator at TouchArchive - Follow us:Twitter Facebook
Games List Tested Join our staff just PM me.
If you want to see your game on our blog,just send us a request.
09-23-2013, 05:27 AM
Over!

Last edited by Fonzy14; 09-23-2013 at 07:19 AM.
09-23-2013, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzy14 View Post
PM you! Thanks for the app!
Dude, it's OVER.

=>> HEY YOU! Why own an iPad if you haven't played CRABITRON? <<=

Playing: Corridor Z, Goblin Sword, Lost Toys, Duet Game, Layton Brother, Threes!, Solomon's Keep, Crabitron, Punch Quest, IB3, Sword & Sworcery (Recommend them all!)
09-24-2013, 11:00 AM
If I am in France and you in USA, can you give me the gift card?