2D Ball Rolling Platformer! Woot

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sambo110, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    My game will be a 2D ball rolling platformer, inspired by games like Rolly. But mine will also be different. It will be harder, have more levels, tighter controls, Open Feint, different environments (tropical, cartoonish, industrial etc) and more. I plan to have around 20 levels in 1.0, while adding levels every 2 weeks or so. This game would launch at $1.19 (0.99) or $2.50 ($2?). I will post some pictures of it in a couple of days if I can. Please feel free to post any opinions, ideas or anything else if you can. I don't want my game to be a clone of other games, I want it to be different and worth owning.

2. AggroPanda

AggroPanda Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Sounds interesting, however without pictures / videos it's hard to get excited about a game, so get these up asap! :)

3. Sambo110

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    #3 Sambo110, Dec 15, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
    I'll try to get the pictures up. I am mainly working on the controls at the moment, getting the ball to roll to a stop, jumping, speed etc. But I should have a level or two made in the next couple of days and I will get some pictures up.

EDIT: And if anyone is interested in doing art for the game, mainly backgrounds and ball designs, please PM me.

4. AggroPanda

AggroPanda Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    cool, have you decided what you're using to make your game?

i.e. are you using a physics engine?

or are you coding it all yourself?

5. Sambo110

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    #5 Sambo110, Dec 15, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
    I am using Unity, but I am trying to get it to not look like Unity like a lot of games do. Like how Ravensword looks a lot different, and even Bloody Xmas.

What about multi path levels? So you could fall down a pipe or something and it goes a different way? Could give a bit of replay value to each levels.