Universal Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 5, 2012.

1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #4441 JBRUU, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
    Hey to you too! I had a good weekend, thanks.I love the fact that Gameloft is interacting with the fans this time around. Really makes a difference to me, at least.

Really have little to say about the game. Just retina/resolution bump for the iPad 4 and I'd even happier with it.

A few niggles with some stuff, like throwing knives were nerfed pretty bad & incendiary nades are a tad on the OP side, but nothing major. Love that I've only seen one cheater in my entire online playing time.

If you are looking for any sort of suggestions for new content, probably the best stuff would be a few paid DLC new maps and perhaps some new weapons. A crossbow would be a neat addition, perhaps this time unlocked at a certain prestige? I think a new weapon unlock every prestige would be a great addition to the emblem. Maybe MC5.

Would love to see a tactical knife/revolver combo, this with a knife button onscreen or something to make knifing faster/easier. Good mobility, allow us to spam the trigger like you can in every other shooter. Please!

This is pretty minor, but I noticed that the ejected shell casings that were in every MC are missing here. Why? I thought they were great visual addition to the game.

Speaking of MC5, some sort of co-op mode like zombies or spec ops would be a fantastic addition to the game. Don't know if that's out of the 2gb download limit, though. Hopefully that'll change soon.

2. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    JBRUU brought out some good points :) And yeah, haven't met any cheaters at all in MC4 :D

3. CMMC4

CMMC4 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Community Manager -MC4
    Montreal
    We're working on rebalancing the weapons, attachments, perks (so pretty much everything) for the next update, amongst other things. I'm happy to hear that cheaters/hackers aren't an issue! I actually spent last Friday sending warning messages to close to 400 suspected players - not fun, but someone has to do it :)

I've tried poking the dev/prod team for some DLC, but they're focused on the tasks at hand: ironing out the bugs. Since we're still working on improving MC4, suggestions for MC5 are duly noted, but not a high priority right now.

4. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I think that knifing is already fast enough...

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #4445 JBRUU, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
    I honestly don't know what huge rebalancing needs to be done other than a few tweaks here and there.

Glad to hear you're taking balancing seriously. And cheaters. Especially cheaters.

Really happy about their absence :)

Glad to hear MC4 is getting some postlaunch support, too.

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Certain weapons allow for faster knifing than others. The Uzi > Charbetek, for example.

7. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I didn't play this game a lot, so IDK. Knifing with the starter weapon was fast enough for me.

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    It was just a suggestion.

What I really want is to be able to pull the trigger on the revolver as fast as I can tap. Otherwise if you miss your first shot you're pretty much screwed.

9. 2133

2133 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Student
    Indonesia
    The bug that changes your signature will be appreciated. Or are you just scared of the sigs? :p isn't MC4 really balanced? All i could say is the ammount of ammo the grenade launcher has.

Thanks for really paying attention!

10. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Uh, it seems I misunderstood your comment. It would be a great feature though.
    Does the MC4 revolver have the same power of the MC3 one? With high damage and "autofire", it would be the new rocket launcher.

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Requires two upper body shots or one headshot to kill.

The MC3 one was a oneshot kill but since everyone used armor it was two shots. Combined with slow rate of fire it was useless.

12. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    But awesome.

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Correction: it sounded, looked and felt awesome.

It just sucked in actual combat.

14. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Obviously.

I just liked holding it. Makes you feel badass

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Precisely. Which is why it sucked that the gun was useless.

16. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Only when armor was used. So it wasn't the gun so much as the perk.

17. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Will this update hit android at the same time or after iOS?

And is the knife nerfed?

18. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Please don't change the knife.

19. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    PLEEEEEAAAASE don't.

20. guitarguy19

guitarguy19 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I feel like the support and front-line classes are under powered, in terms of the perks available for them. I don't know if you guys feel the same, but that's how it seems. Intervention seems like the go to class.