Help Choose a New Icon For "Charmed"!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MindJuice, Oct 4, 2010.

?

Which icon do you think is best for Charmed?

1. Icon 1: Snowflake with Horizontal Linear Gradient

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. Icon 2: Snowflake with Angled Gradient

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Icon 3: Clover with Angled Gradient

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Icon 4: Clover with Horizontal Linear Gradient

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Keep the existing icon please!

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. None of the above!

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. #1 MindJuice, Oct 4, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
    Hi folks,

Would really appreciate your help and feedback in selecting a new icon for Charmed.

I have found that many people confuse the game with a card game due to the use of the four charms that correspond to card suits in the icon.

In addition, many players take a long time to discover that one of the main gameplay mechanics involves rotation (some never discover it). I think putting a hint regarding rotation in the icon could help that, although we also plan to add a simple tutorial soon too.

The other major game mechanic is Freeze Time, so I though perhaps putting something related to that in the icon would be good too.

Please take a look at the icons in the image below and vote for the one you like the best.

Also, if you have any additional ideas for the icon that would be great feedback!

[​IMG]

2. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    How about just the clover? I found out rotation mechanic by accident. A tutorial will help for newbies.

3. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    even icon 4 will lead to a card games conclusion, no?

4. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I love the current icon. And when I accidentally discovered the rotation and freeze time, I was even happier to play the game!

Please keep same. Perhaps just a brief tutorial in game or in the game description

5. TouchChatterbox

TouchChatterbox Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    #3 or #4 but have the clover ghosted behind the main one in various stages of rotation

6. Thanks for the suggestion. I actually tried that earlier tonight, but due to the rounded shape of the clover it looked rather strange.

The effect looked a bit better with the star, but I wanted to avoid the pink star on the purple background.

7. Well, it is green rather than black, but it is still a possibility that people could mistake it for a card game.

Another option would be to replace maybe two of the charms in the current icon with non-suit charms.

For example, replace the heart with the star and the spade with the fleur-de-lys or the snowflake.

8. tong298

tong298 New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    How about just the clover? I found out rotation mechanic by accident. A tutorial will help for newbies. I love the current icon. And when I accidentally discovered the rotation and freeze time, I was even happier to play the game!

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually tried that earlier tonight, but due to the rounded shape of the clover it looked rather strange.

The effect looked a bit better with the star, but I wanted to avoid the pink star on the purple background.

9. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Do you just go around repeating what people say?

Please don't repeat this - that would be childish!

10. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    Keep the same icon, but take off the OpenFeint logo.

11. You're not the first to ask me to do that. I am considering it. :)