RoboArena (Casual Strategy Game) -Bravado Waffle Studios

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BravadoWaffle, Apr 22, 2011.

1. BravadoWaffle

BravadoWaffle Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    #1 BravadoWaffle, Apr 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011

We would like to proudly introduce our upcoming multiplayer asynchronous tactical strategy game RoboArena to everybody! It is inspired by the classics like X-Com, RoboRally, and RoboSport.

Game Features:

• Universal Support and Retina graphics
    • More than 15 unique fun weapons and armors (slime bombs, bubble blasters, flame throwers and more!)
    • 30 exciting levels of single player gameplay
    • Robo Hunt, Survival, and tactical-team-based CTF in multiplayer
    • Tons of bad guys, puzzles, and challenges
    • Professionally mastered sound track
    • Three Modes: Story, Arena, Multiplayer!
    • Online, bluetooth, and pass-and-play multiplayer support

We have relaunched our Kickstarter campaign with all new rewards and super cool features.
    Check it out and pledge if you want to be a part of supporting RoboArena's development!
    RoboArena Kickstarter Campaign

2. BravadoWaffle

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    #3 BravadoWaffle, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
    The video above is our teaser trailer video. Thanks to Arta for uploading it!

Hey guys! We just launched our Kickstarter campaign for RoboArena. Check out the link and help us spread the word and get some sweet swag!

Also I've got a great walkthrough video coming soon showing off actual gameplay so stay tuned!

3. BravadoWaffle

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    Just posted another gameplay video to give a good sense of how the game is played and just how close the game is to being released. What do you think?

4. Moarite

Moarite Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Looks fresh and funny. I'm intrigued. When will it be available in the Appstore?

5. BravadoWaffle

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    Glad you like it! We are shooting for a Summer/early Fall release.

6. BravadoWaffle

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
  7. BravadoWaffle

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    I updated our first video in the top post with a new walkthrough trailer explaining the gameplay of RoboArena. Additionally I added the mention of X-Com since it seems that there's a pretty big fanbase for X-Com type games, and RoboArena has drawn inspiration from their team turn-based tactical mechanic.

In multiplayer two teams will control three Robos each in crazy fun games of CTF, Siege, King Of The Hill, and other game modes that we will be developing after the release.

Also I wanted to point out that we will be having multiplayer asynchronous gamecenter support for up to 4 players. I think the world needs more asynchronous games!

8. PunkyF00l

PunkyF00l Member

May 7, 2011
    I really like this game! Really looking forward to this. If you need any beta testers, i'm a volunteer :)

9. BravadoWaffle

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    Thanks Punky! Right now, we will be offering a private beta to our supporters on Kickstarter as a way of saying thanks for believing in the project. It will be easier to manage that way, and it will be cool way to build up a nice little community of friends!

10. BravadoWaffle

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    Hey guys, we just relaunched our Kickstarter campaign, and updated our trailer video with all new footage and new levels! Check it out and let us know what you think!

11. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Cool. I pledged $25 so I could be a beta tester. Will that beta be released once you reach your funding goal?

12. BravadoWaffle

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    Thanks Neehan! Yes, we will be collecting the necessary info from the beta testers once the campaign finishes. Then we will launch the beta shortly afterwards and send out the invites and download links.

13. BravadoWaffle

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    A quick update: We worked a deal with a fellow Kickstarter and are now offering a set of 6 collectable RoboArena pinback buttons to our supporters! Check em out, and pledge to the campaign to show off your Robo pride...

[​IMG]

14. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
  15. BravadoWaffle

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    #16 BravadoWaffle, Jun 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
    Yup! That's the plan! Everybody will plan out their moves, and once they are all done, the action happens all at once very similar to laser squad. It's a blast! We plan to have random matchups as well as allowing you to specifically invite friends.

We can't wait to delve into the new gamecenter turn-based features that are getting rolled out!

Oh, and did I mention we are making a board game as well? It is creatively titled- RoboArena: The Board Game

Check out the details on our latest Kickstarter update: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bravadowaffle/roboarena-asynchronous-multiplayer-tactical-ios-ga/posts/88226

16. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Congrats on making funding!

17. BravadoWaffle

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    Thanks so much Arta! We are stoked and working very hard right now!

We're planning on a September release and already lining up the media attention and reviews so stay tuned!

18. BravadoWaffle

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    3 Days Left!

Only 3 days are left for the RoboArena Kickstarter campaign!! Be sure to pledge now if you want the custom exclusive avatars and pinback buttons, or if you want to be part of the beta testing or design some levels!

Don't forget if we reach $2000 we'll be sending out a free early version of RoboArena: The Board Game to all our backers!

19. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    IF (you'd take PayPal) {
    Pledge $$$
    // Can't do credit card at the moment
    }
    ELSE {
    Buy game when it comes out!
    }