Battle Eternal II

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by trevorchandler, Apr 23, 2011.

1. trevorchandler

trevorchandler Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Be on the lookout for the new release of Battle Eternal II .

Check out Battle Eternal I if you heave not yet played it to be ready for the new version.

BattlEternal - Rise of the Half Angel

2. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    BattleEternal Suggestions

Now is the time for all of you RPG lovers to let me know what you would like to see in the new version that is coming out soon. I know you will be very impressed with Battle Eternal II . Don't be left out , get your idea in today and play Battle Eternal I to get ready .

Thank You .

3. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    Monster Contest !!!

Give us your best ideas for the monster you want to see in the game , we will be choosing one monster from your input to add to the game , the one with the most private message requests will be the one we choose . Want to name him after yourself ??? Get the most responses .

We want you to be part of the game creation . We value your input , now is your chance to be famous !!!!!

4. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    BattleEternal Suggestions

Thank you for all of the private messages , I have been collecting all kinds of great ideas . Some of the monster suggestions were cool and I will be putting a few of them in the game .

This is going to be our best game yet . Be on the lookout for it .

Battle Eternal Part II .

If you are wondering what part one looked like here is a link to it :

Checkout BattlEternal now!

5. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    Battle eternal II new stuff

Here is a shot of some of the graphics we are modifying for the game right now . I will be adding more shots as time goes on . Let me know what you think ...

Thank you for all of your interest ...

[​IMG]

6. ChuckMe

ChuckMe Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2010
    Australia
    Damn, those are nice looking graphics. Good job.

7. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    Thank you , we have been really trying to create something that will stand out .

8. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Looks good.

Any chance of an iPad/iPad 2 version?

These types of games, with awesome graphics are what entices my pocketbook to become empty :D

9. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    --> Reply from Game Creator

Hey everyone,

I want to thank you all for taking a look at the screenshot, I don't want to give away to much, but I will post a few more screenshots, and give you a little snippet of what this game will be about.

[​IMG]
    This screenshot (Above) shows one of the outdoor scenes in our Game Editor
    (We use Unity3D for anyone who wants to know, it is excellent)

- We are still working on the Water, trying to get it to run correctly, and a grass effect with wind blowing.
    - The key to great graphics is texturing. All 3D graphics are made up of Triangles, or 'verts' as they are called. The mobile devices can only handle so many before the games are unusable, so we take all our time to create the texture (the images that lay on top of the triangles) and make them as high res as possible to get the best look we can for mobile.

[​IMG]
    This Screenshot (Above) shows another view of the city. Like said above, the really good looking graphics are mostly from high resolution textures, we are very lucky to have some awesome texture artists and modellers.

They have created many of the graphics sets here
    Dexsoft 3D Models

We are lucky to have our artists (Thanks Miguel and Rich!)

We will post our progress, and for anyone that is interested, we will post other lower level information just in case poeple find it cool.
    (If you dont want to see information like that, private message me and we will stop posting at that level of detail.)

Lastly, thanks a bunch everyone for taking a look, we are very excited to be working on this game and so far along.

I know this post is long, so I will just add the game idea here real quick, or at least of piece of it.

In essence, like battleternal I BattlEternal I - Check it out here ...

There are Angels and Demons, Dragons, Elves and Humans.
    As it stands right now, the type of characters you can play are very unique, for example, you can actaully be a Dragon, however, in parts of the game where you are interacting with other humans, you transform into an elven player.

Thanks everyone for looking,

We will keep you posted as we make progress,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and welcomed!

Thanks!

Trevor

10. ChuckMe

Nov 28, 2010
    Australia
    :eek: I cant get over how great those graphics are. So is this free-roam? Also, will it be universal? Great job.

11. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    --> Reply from game creator

ChuckMe,

It is free roam, the real challenge is compromising between game world, character model and monsters.

With the iPhone 4, and iPad 2, you really have a lot more resources to use up, so far, I wouldn't try to play this game on anything less, although it is possible, but currently, those systems are super laggy.

With the iPhone 5 coming out soon, im not sure it makes sense to spend a lot of time trying to support the 3 series, etc...
    (What are your thoughts on that?)

If there is demand to support 3G, 3GS, we would have to implement a LOD (Level of Detail - Game detects the model and then displays lower resolution versions fo the models to be able to run on older iOS devices, Object Culling - we split the models into multiple pieces and then define areas. A user doesnt render all the areas, just ones that are in their sight and in these culling zones, lastly, we could do some camera culling as well.)

At any rate, if all goes well, we will be able to have multiple monster encounters, and still maintain the great looking environment. It's to early to say exactly how many monsters you will be able to fight with at once currently, but we have been doing expirements for just seeing how many monsters we can handle, and on the iPhone 4, in a low resolution test world, we have monster battles with 20+ monsters at once, so the gameplay is alot of fun.

We will just see how things turn out after the balancing act.

We are expecting things to turn out very well based on current testing.

Just to re-iterate, what are your thoughts on supporting 3G, 3GS, iPad 1?

Thanks for your responses and interest,

*** If anyone wants a free code to BattlEternal I, just PM me. It came out over 2 years ago now, and was our first game, but it is still a lot of fun. For it's time it was very good, the one dissapointment I had with it is the 3G was the top phone out at the time, and based on the limited graphics it can handle, and the high res monsters and worlds we used, the monster fights were limited to 2-3 monsters at a time total. It is also a FPS only, where the new game is FPS and 3rd person switchable.

One last piece of interesting news, that is actually pretty cool.
    So far we have about 10 released games, most of them are arcade action games. Basically, as we learn new development techniques for features, we release a game that has thos in them (for example, we might create NPC interaction, then release a game that has a lot of that in it, but its a simple game, like action Cat 3D II (our latest arcade style game).

We have created a Social Networking MMO game.
    We've handled a few hundred users on at once without any issues.
    its just a chat world, free romaing, full 3D for mac and pc, but the cool thing is, now we have that multiplayer technology coded so we are thinking aobut possibly using that for the BattlEternal II iPhone/iPad game.

It does add a lot of work, especially keeping the attack system in sync across clients, which is a pain, but what do you think?

Would that be an awesome feature?
    Would just letting 2 people play, or 2-4 or something be really cool?

BTW... Our current social networking mmo is here ...
    Our 3D Free Roaming Social MMO

Like I said, it's not game, and its in the beta phase, it is a place to walk around, chat, ride scooters, explore cool levels and meet people, etc...
    Also - its totally free to play right now, when you create an account, it gives you a free years membership.

Any multiplayer games we make on iPhone/iPad would use the code we have in our social networking app.

Thanks again for you feedback, look forward to talking with everyone more to try and make this game as appealing to everyone as possible.

Trevor

12. Waylander13

Waylander13 Active Member

Jun 2, 2011
    If you can make a game with those graphics
    and free roam and enough possibilities to personalyse
    your character, name any price and I'll buy it the first day :) Will you have different races like dark elves or dwarfs you can play with?

Looks absolutely stunning..

13. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Great to see this title is being geared for the iPad 2 and iPhone 4/5.

Looks smashing!

Really enjoying your updates.

I will follow this game closely.

14. Supper001

Supper001 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2011
    Sportsman
    Really compelling. Totally intrigued by the vivid graphics. Stay tuned for this amazing one.

15. ChuckMe

Nov 28, 2010
    Australia
    It is better to cut out older models, but you could always make a standard definition version or add level of detail option. No reason for those who have 1st, 2nd or 3rd gen to miss out. So is this just multiplayer, no single player?

16. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    Is this too for iPod Touch 4G?
    Looks realy good ;)

17. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  18. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    Dev Reply --> The good old days!

Arta,

Thanks for posting that!
    I dont even know who made that youtube video (it wasnt us), but I have seen it before.

That was at the time when the 3G was new, and the 3d games struggled with the maximum amount of verts and draw calls allowed in a camera view at one time,

It was alost our first game, but I still think it was fun, and still is.

The capabilities of mobile devices is just going forward so fast.

Also - we are planning for it to run on 4G devices, for sure.

Thanks for posting that,

Trevor

19. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    From what I can see of the screenshots, BattlEternal II looks amazing :)

20. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    More Screen Shots For Battle Eternal II

I am posting some more screen shots for the upcoming game. The graphics keep getting better and better. Let me know what you think.

Thank you ,
    Trevor
    Game Developer.
    TecstarGames

[​IMG]

[​IMG]