ZombieSmash!: First Preview and Screenshots!! Warning: Cartoon Violence!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by zombie, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zombie

zombie Well-Known Member

#1 zombie, Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
    Hi iPhone gamers,

Debut Trailer:

PREV POST
    I am very happy to present a first preview for the upcoming ZombieSmash! here at TA.

Summarized in one formula:

ZombieSmash! = Castle Defense + Physics + SplatterEngine + Premium graphics & sound (Chris Huelsbeck)

Castle Defense: In ZombieSmash!, a group of survivors is barricading in a shack and defends themselves from attacking zombies. Say like in Night of the Living Dead :) You can help these survivors out by throwing zombies away, or more effectively smash them on the ground. This is fun by itself but we also start with approx. 20 different weapons that can do a lot of damage to these brain-eating bastards, most weapons in turn having 2 additional upgrades. Gameplay wise, there are regular survivor-mode levels as well as “puzzle” levels which means you have to survive with only one weapon, etc,..

Physics: In ZombieSmash!, a zombie is a ragdoll and damage to it is calculated in a “realistic” way. This makes it really fun to watch what happens when you smash a guy on the ground or let a grenade explode right next to it. Nothing is static, there is always a something new to see. We figured it is so much fun to watch the effect of different weapons that there is a sandbox-mode where zombies can be created at will and all weapons that have been unlocked are available.

SplatterEngine: I like gory games (with some minimum taste) but seeing the same blood animation over and over again is not the best you can do to entertain a zombie fan. Thus, for ZombieSmash!, we build a splatter engine to make sure that blood and body-parts come off the right way :cool: Safe for the squeamish, the amount of cartoon-style gore can be adjusted in the settings, even turned off but, hell, why do you get a zombie game?

Premium graphics & sound: Take a look at the screenshots. Things are still changing and we will further polish but its getting there. And sound? That Chris Huelsbeck sound is premium goes without saying :D .

I am hoping for your feedback!

Stay tuned at http://www.zombiesmash.gamedrs.com and www.twitter.com/zombiesmash.

-Zombie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    4th picture got a laugh out of me. Mysterious red laser sight on unsuspecting zombie, reminds me of Predator.

I do like the graphics, very clean... 20 weapons sounds good too, more than most of the defense games I've played.

3. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    the artwork is definitely cool looking

...how much flicking do you expect to be involved versus us buying an using house based weapons?

...is there any video yet so we can see the physics in action?

4. tobinlent

tobinlent New Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Art looks clean and fun. Good style. Sounds like interesting gameplay.

5. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Very cool looking.

6. Zaz

Zaz Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    I dislike Castle defense but I like killing zombies, and the graphics are lovely (I don't speak about the blood of course :p). Weapons look funny too and your zombies are awesome *_*

I don't know the price but I'll give it a try ;)

7. zombie

zombie Well-Known Member

#7 zombie, Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
    Question a) Mechanics are done. Working on tuning the gameplay. We try to find a fair mix between throwing zombies and using weapons. There are different classes of weapons. House based and weapons you can use by other mechanisms...Will post more on that soon..

Question b) It looks much better in video. Its hard to capture the action in a screenshot. Trailer should come out this month.

8. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    aaaaggghhh how much longer until it comes out? do want now.

9. Fistfulofdlrz

Fistfulofdlrz Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Art does look very sharp. Game mechanics sound good. Hopefully easy to switch between weapons and finger controls. Can't wait for the video!

10. zombie

zombie Well-Known Member

Thank you! Looking at approx 8-10 weeks. Fingers crossed.

11. aricall

aricall Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Tattooist
    awesome looks great
    love the art and style
    also love some gore....cartoon of course muahahah
    cant wait for the vid
    best of luck
    a deffinate buy for me.....

BRRAAAaaaiiIINNnnSSSS!!!!

12. astrosaurus

astrosaurus Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Designer/Blogger
    Portland, OR
    I'm really, really impressed with the presentation so far. Looks freaking great. Definitely going to make a post about this one. Best of luck!

13. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    #13 ultimo, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
    rotflmao

I am liking what I see, btw this is the 1st Zombie game that interests me

EDIT :
    Planning for a lite version ?

14. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    ^yeah i'm personally digging the sniper in the attic upgrade.

damn...now that's going to be a long wait.

15. beetle004

beetle004 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    looks great.But is it just a wallpaper in the background or does that windmill actually move.

16. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    like most on this thread i think the game looks great. ill be keeping tabs on this one:)

17. zombie

zombie Well-Known Member

It rotates. The scene is not static as the screenshot may suggest. There is animation and Particle effects. Say, smoke coming out the chimney.

18. zombie

zombie Well-Known Member

Yes, there will most likely be a light version. We have no final decision on what the light version will feature. I cannot really answer this right now but I will keep you posted.

19. beetle004

beetle004 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Great will be an instant buy for me then!!!!

20. swigo8

swigo8 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Pocket God island (NYC)
    Looks AWESOME!!! when is it due to come out..... i cant wait!