Universal Rocks'n'Diamonds (ported by Les Bird)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Lesbird, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Lesbird

Lesbird Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Male
    Game Programmer
    Boston Massachusetts
    #1 Lesbird, Feb 21, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    Greetings,

Several years ago I ported the old Amiga game Emerald Mine to the iPhone and iPad. Since then the game has been downloaded many times but I have not updated it in quite a while. I had several emails that the game would crash randomly or when playing specific levels. I started to look into updating it and discovered that Holger Schemel at Artsoft Entertainment has released the full source code to Rocks'n'Diamonds (http://www.artsoft.org/rocksndiamonds/news.html). I inquired with him about porting it to iOS and he gave me his full support. So without further ado I present to you Rocks'n'Diamonds for iOS. I've kept as much of the original game intact with only a few modifications to allow for a better experience on mobile platforms. Swipe controls and MFI controllers are supported and Game Center has been added.

Included with the initial release are over 2,000 levels collected from the Emerald Mine archive.

Emerald Mine is a game similar to Boulder Dash but with additional hazards and new features. The idea is to move your player through a maze and collect all the gems and avoid getting killed by the hazards. For more information about this excellent game see the Wiki page here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerald_Mine.

Why port Rocks'n'Diamonds?
    Rocks'n'Diamonds has been in constant development for several years by Holger Schemel. The source code is solid and well tested. It plays not only all the Emerald Mine levels but also Boulder Dash, Sokoban and Supaplex. I've included classic level sets for Boulder Dash, Sokoban and Supaplex but most of the level sets are from the Emerald Mine archive.

I will submit to the App Store within the next week. The cost will be FREE with no ads or splash screens or interruptions of any kind - just good old fun gaming.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    wow, what a surprise! i'll be waiting for it...

3. Lesbird

Lesbird Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Male
    Game Programmer
    Boston Massachusetts
    FYI - Rocks'n'Diamonds is live on the App Store now.