Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Yessss, it's awesome. Been playing it on my PSP for awhile now, can't wait to try it out on Vita.

I'm enjoying my Vita so much so far.

2. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Any impressions on the apps that are available so far just wondering are they going to give my ipod any run for it's money. I'd actually like to Apps become useful on it, pity that will probably take some time to see.

3. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    The only things I'm seeing in the Apps section is Facebook, Flickr, LiveTweet, Netflix and like three different Playstation Protection Plans for the Vita.

I've download the Facebook app and the Netflix app so far. I've only tried the Netflix one and well it's Netflix.

So no, not really giving the iPod Touch a run for it's money. Who knows, how much better it will get though.

4. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Yeah it's a shame it has the potential but so far the only one I might use is Skype which I have on various devices already. It would be very good to have alternative browsers and things like that so hopefully Sony is smart enough to realise it could be making some money there.

Kinda wishing I went out and bought one today but that would have left me completely broke for a week.

5. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

#405 Der-Kleine, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
    I finally got my memory card (after we had some issues with the preorder bonus at amazon), just a question, but is it just me or do the available demos vary from country to country? I thought uncharted had a demo, but it doesen't for me (german PSN store).

6. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Strange, US does have the uncharted demo.

7. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Yep, there's an Uncharted demo in the UK too. Also worth noting (if you're not already aware of it) is that there are also free trials available for a few other games too but these aren't in the demo section.

8. Der-Kleine

yeah, it's the same for me with trials and demos.

Btw, who else has tryed the Unit 13 demo? It's amazig, even though it's only in french for some reason!

9. matthewwhatever

matthewwhatever Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    government
    Ottawa, Canada
    Oddly enough, it's not French in the Canadian Vita store. But it's still amazing. I'm always of a fan of third-person action games, and the demo made it seem like it could be a good one.

10. Der-Kleine

Any idea when the full game will be released?

11. matthewwhatever

Feb 9, 2010
    government
    Ottawa, Canada
  12. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    In Super Stardust, on the menu screen, does the online button work for y'all? It doesn't work for me, and I can't figure out how to get it on.

13. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    It's grayed out for me too, not sure why.

14. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Nevermind. I think it's to connect to online if you were disconnected.
    Another question: How do you download goodies that you discover in Near? I've found two Game Goods. They were both Super Stardust Soundtrack Song Unlocks, but only one soundtrack (default) is unlocked in game. I've claimed them (so it has a green check mark on it), but it still says it'll expire in three days.

15. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    I played the demo for Unit 13, I loved it. I'm glad I have it on pre-order now, I wasn't so sure about the game before.

Those dual sticks on the Vita sure come in handy.

16. Spamcan

Spamcan Well-Known Member

Has anyone with a PSV tried The 3rd Birthday yet? I'm interested to know if there's a dramatic improvement in graphical quality over playing the game on a PSP. I stopped playing it fairly early on because the graphics are muddy and there's a lot of blur on my old PSP-1001 screen.

17. matthewwhatever

Feb 9, 2010
    government
    Ottawa, Canada
    Yes! It looks fantastic. I had played it on my PSP Go, and it was alright, but it's significantly better on the Vita. Having the second thumbstick doesn't make a huge difference, but graphically it's a huge improvement. Just make sure you turn on Color Space and...Bilinear Filtering, I think?

18. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Just got my replacement unit from gamestop.... Thank god no more dead pixels! I also picked up a $20 dollar PSN card. Can't wait to get super stardust delta!

19. Spamcan

Spamcan Well-Known Member

That is excellent news, 3rd Birthday just jumped to my day one buy list when I pick one up at the end of the year. If I could somehow get my import UMD copy of IQ Mania onto the Vita I'd consider picking one up a hell of a lot sooner.

20. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    CEO E-Commerce
    NY
    PSP has plenty of good games.. the piracy is what hindered that system. As a current iPad 2 and Vita owner, I can tell you this. The first game I fired up on Vita has instantly spoiled me. It's going to be hard to play most iPad 2 games (except I love board games on ios) after using this. I mean, the layers of social interaction alone (stats, trophies, gifts, etc..), make GameCenter seem beyond ill in comparison. Again, I absolutely love my iPad 2, but from a gaming perspective, once you play around with the Vita, you realize just how special it really is.