We're mad as hell about iOS games that cost money, have ads, and/or any IAP at all.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tsharpfilm, Nov 3, 2009.

?

Is Canabalt worth $2.99?

1. Yes

213 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. No

293 vote(s)
    48.2%
  3. Not my type of game

102 vote(s)
    16.8%
  1. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    This is the cheapest game I have bought on iOS, when you factor in hours of game play to pounds spent.

2. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    The vast majority of people who make illicit copies rather than pay $20 would do the same thing even if the price were $2. Lowering the price might get some more sales from people who are on the fence at $20, but it's not going to affect the pirates.

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    What thread? Looks like the same old trash bin to me. Yep.

4. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    From what thread is this? Whats this premium priced-premium game you speak about?

5. Dead Trigger? ;)

6. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

$19.99 and the devs said "no sale"?

This can only come from the Battle Academy thread.

7. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    #2347 MeanTuna, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
    Thanks! I actually havent heard of this game. Damn the appstore amazes me, whenever im positive ive scoured the store and gotten all I possibly want I hear/read of a game that looks amazing in quality and totally unknown to me.

Again thanks, quite helpful garbage thread for me this time, downloading BA now!

P.S. Im seeing that Slitherine has a very interesting lineup of strategy/board games, this is right through my alley I cant believe I didnt knew about them.

8. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Or it was just on launch sale...

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    wow... just... wow...

I'm speachless...

**well... minus those words... and these... =oP

10. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Get in contact with Pitta, Squeaker and Scarypharaoh, that's their tA forum names; just check for their Game Center handles. Or you check the Battle Academy thread. They're mad about this game, damn warmongers... ;)

11. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Ad this is why all this fremmium BS became a thing. I have gladly payed full price for many of Gameloft's games, because although they aren't original they are very fun for a make teenager that wants to play COD, and there's no denying that you will get alot of Horus out of a game you padded $7 for. If people can afford $800 iPhones then I think they can spend more than $.99 on a game.

12. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Never knew there were $800 phones...

13. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

My iPhone 5 was $829. :X

14. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    WOAH! Damn...

Sorry.

Mines gonna be $400 - but it's with a 2 year contract, and it's been a couple months since it came out... But damn... Just damn... =oO

15. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Well, there's a ~$400 subsidy built into that contract. AT&T is essentially saying, "I'll split the cost of this phone with you if you agree to give us money for two years." Your iPhone "costs" $800 too. ;)

16. leonard_dabinski

leonard_dabinski Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Friends, it was clearly labelled as a launch sale on iTunes! Better to have a launch sale than a one-week-after-launch-sale that'd only piss off your most ardent fans!

17. What? $800 bucks??? It should priced at 99 cents. Not worth anymore than that. At least there are no inapp purchases ;)

18. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    I think iPhones on plan end up costing more than the no contract price.. I spend $30 every 2nd month buying credit.. And that pretty much gets me unlimited credit to my close fam n friends who are all with the same carrier therefore I get free unlimited text to them, so $15 a month for unlimited credit with my iphone. OR $69 per month over 2 years to get the latest iPhone. $50 a month extra, over 2 years = 24 months = $1200 + the plan also requires you to pay a few hundred up front, the plan I'm talking about here costs $200 upfront, so total that's $1400 for a $800 phone, not to mention the revenue they make from going over data usage bd what not, plus your giving them the extra 15-20$ per month on phone credit which I didn't calculate because I spend that on prepaid. Hmm it's not too bad. I guess you could think of it like a loan with interest.. But being locked in for 2 years sucks. What you going to do when iphone6 comes out? I'd rather buy outright but it's a pretty penny to spend on a phone that gets upgraded every 6 months.

19. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Good release but imho the price is a little bit high.

20. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    It should be free