Universal Swords of Anima, tactical RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Cebollo, Jun 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbehre11

nbehre11 Active Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Would love to see this! Game looks great tho!

2. Cebollo

Cebollo Member

Nov 18, 2012
    The game will be available this Wednesday 26!

Hope you will like it!

3. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
  4. clarusvictoria

clarusvictoria Well-Known Member

Looking forward to it :)

5. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    #45 ramzarules, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    I was going to instabuy this tomorrow until i saw this. Taking the time to create beautiful characters and combat, but having the characters and enemies stand like carboard when they get hit, in a tactical combat game, is a shame. Even basic gameboy games had it.. in an srpg the depth and feel of the combat play the 2 biggest roles.

Edit: if you implement it, most probably you have me sold. But no reactions on hit in my opinion is a glaring thing to leave out.

6. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I'd argue that it being a tactical game means it can get away without attack animations - gameplay being paramount and pretty looks secondary. I think your point would make more sense with an arcade or action game.

7. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Of course you can argue it, our opinions just differ, because of one simple reason: the dev(s?) took their time to create BEAUTIFUL and ANIMATED characters, that move around and attack. They are not walking cards that move forward, and their attacks are not just numbers that show up, but animated. As such, you sort of expect the reactions to be animated also.

If it was made like a card/ carboad game, i would have no problem with this being left out. Hearthstone and Card Dungeon are on my love list. But don't give me animations for walking and attacking, and take them away from getting hit.. it looks like something is missing. That's what i meant.

The Final fantasy Tactics's, Disgaeas, Fire Emblems, Super Robot Wars, XComs and Banner Sagas of the gaming world wouldn't be the same with half action animations.

8. nbehre11

nbehre11 Active Member

Mar 29, 2013
    I have to agree. Still room for those additions post release though. I'm hopeful.

9. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    He's got a point

10. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Or at least the developer(s) could move the enemy a bit back and afterwards to bring him front and change also the color to red so that at least to has some effect of battle!
    As it is now, it's like in alpha stage. :confused:

11. Cebollo

Cebollo Member

Nov 18, 2012
    We are currently working in this issue for the next update, so I hope this is not an impediment to enjoy the game ;)

We are a small team and we have to priorize our tasks, sometimes that means we need to leave outside things. Our main focus was the gameplay and it is were we put more effort, but we consider the graphics also important, so it is our next task for the update.

12. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Good to read that you plan to add animations :) i'll keep an eye on it!