The Ultra-Sexy HTC One (a.k.a. the M7) - March 2013 release date...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Feb 20, 2013.

1. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    #1 KiddToKmart, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
    I've been an avid Apple fan ever since I got my first device, the iPod Touch 3rd Gen.

My initial purchase was followed by an iPhone 4, an iPad 2, an iPhone 4S and most recently, the iPad Mini over the past few years.

I've often paused to ask myself why I haven't gotten an iPhone 5 yet (besides the obvious $$$ implication). The jump just didn't appeal to me from a 4S.

This is it though, the phone that's going to put me over the edge and make me bid farewell to my (precioussssssss) 4S.

[​IMG]

Early impressions from several reputable sources have nothing but good things to say about the device.

- The 2300mah battery is a slight downer, and is probably the biggest area of concern right now.

- Besides this, HTC claims the device sports a 4 Megapixel/'UltraPixel' camera. More details on this can be found here.

I wouldn't have touched an Android device with a 39-and-a-half foot pole, but this device is dissolving that mental barrier of mine pretty quickly. Am sure a HTC One + iPad Mini combination would serve me just as well, if not better, than a 4S + Mini combo.

Official Specs:

Size: 9.3mm thick, 137.4mm long, 68.2mm wide
    Weight: 143g
    CPU: Snapdragon 600, quad-core, clocked at 1.7Ghz
    GPU: Adreno 320
    RAM: 2GB
    Storage: 32GB/64GB, no microSD card slot
    Display: 4.7-inch Super LCD 3, full HD 1980 x 1080 resolution, 468ppi
    Rear camera: 4 Ultrapixels, OIS, HDR video, ImageChip 2
    Front camera: 2.1 MP, 1080p recording
    Connectivity: LTE/3G, Bluetooth 4, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, DLNA, MHL
    Sensors: GPS&GLONASS, Infrared blaster, NFC
    Battery: 2300mAh
    Operating system: Android 4.1.2, Sense 5 and BlinkFeed
    Sim card: microSIM

Thoughts/opinions?

2. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Get it.

3. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    #3 Teknikal, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
    I honestly think HTC is doomed, specs are great as is to be expected but no Micro SD, soldered in battery, no multitasking button and the interface might as well just be the flipboard widget not to mention HTC basicly never supports their phones or updates them.

Waiting on the S4 myself I settled for a mid range Samsung last year but this time I want the flagship.

Edit:

Maybe seems I'm being harsh to explain myself I just won't consider phones without the Micro SD slot if that however isn't a concern for you it does look like a great device I just wouldn't be surprised if HTC brings out a one+ as soon as the S4 hits.

4. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    #4 MystikSun, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
    I wouldn't exactly say it's doomed. I agree that the absence of a Micro SD slot is a mistake on HTC's part though. If that's a deal breaker (Which it is a legitimate reason. Many don't have the Nexus 4 because of it), then sure.

Unremovable batteries aren't that new, seen from the Droid RAZR which I currently have. No one really has had a problem with it the past year and a half. In fact, the new RAZR was a success for Motorola.

As for HTC not supporting the phone, no problem. Android is open source. Most development is from the community, porting new versions of Android and providing their own ROM's. HTC's Droid Eris, a four-year-old phone has custom ROM's that have a ported version of ICS, that function the same as, if not better than HTC would have made it. Customization is a breeze for experience developers. But of course, it requires an unlocked bootloader which everyone has minus Motorola and a rooted phone.

Good points though. Many say that, and for good reason. They're things that all Android phones are expected to have, although I don't know what you mean by multitasking button.

5. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    I'm waiting for the SIV. But best of luck to you. :)

6. I used to have a HTC Windows Mobile phone. I still miss it just like my pocketpc with mame on it. Sigh.. But love my ipad 3 and iphone 4. Will miss them one day.