Staying Together - Multi-Character Puzzle Platformer (by Naquatic)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Naquatic, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naquatic

Naquatic Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    #1 Naquatic, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
    Hey team! We've got a new one coming out, and it's totally uncharted territory. The game is called Staying Together. It launches for free on February 12th, just in time for Valentines Day... a holiday befitting of the game's theme!

Staying Together is a puzzle platformer with an unusual mechanic. You control two characters simultaneously...a "Multi-Character Puzzle Platformer" if you will :). When one moves left, the other moves right. When one jumps, the other jumps. The goal is to get them to both a meeting point, but not before collecting the heart pieces scattered about each level. The game will be free with one single $1.99 IAP to unlock the later worlds. Tons of credit to the extraordinarily talented Matthew Holtzem who collaborated with us on this project!

Since this is all very new for us, we are excited for you to give it a try. Promo codes available to those who ask below. We have the IAP set to free for now, so anyone with a promo code can get the full game :)

This Valentines Day, celebrate love and loyalty with Staying Together. A mystical journey awaits you in this multi-character puzzle platformer.

Control two lovers simultaneously in your quest to unite them. Looking out for the needs of a single character won’t get you far, as these inexorable companions move in unison. Only careful planning and cooperation can overcome the obstacles that divide this duo!

Explore gorgeous, hand-crafted environments loaded with obstacles, traps, and collectibles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Didn't know if you wanted us to pm you but I'd love a code it looks like a fun puzzle game

3. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    No this is great, I like in-thread requests so that we can discuss it in the open! PM sent

4. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Looks nice, Naquatic! I would love a code too!

5. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Thanks slewis! PM'd

6. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    I'd like a code if possible.. thanks :)

7. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    After playing just the first 5 levels, I can comfortably report that this game is brilliant and a lot of fun. The controls are simple (3 screen sectors using touch), but still a bit mind bending as the two characters move horizontally in opposing directions, so you need to be focused. Already some very clever puzzle mechanics are present. I have played a few games with similar concepts before, but this seems pretty unique. To me, it is amazing how many great games released lately and here is yet another.

There looks to be an occasional advertisement. Is this going to be free with IAP for removing ads or unlocking levels? Whatever it is, I will support it with a purchase. Thanks again for the code, Naquatic!

8. kristoffer

kristoffer Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    This looks wonderful. May I have a code too please?

9. ghosty222

ghosty222 Active Member

Jan 3, 2015
    I want a promo code too just dont put any up or leechers will come back sooo quick like a bunch of parasites :( but couldnt me in the promo please

10. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Thanks for the incredible feedback, slewis! I'm so glad you're enjoying it :). It's free with one single $1.99 IAP to unlock the later worlds and remove ads. I'll add that to the OP

Absolutely! PM'd

11. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    This IS a different game for you guys, love the art style and the game concept. Ever since that Pixar paper airplane short Ive always tried to wrap my head around designing a game that plays with and builds on the concept of love.. You really have another winner here, guys!

12. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Sent and sent!

13. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Hey brothamannp, always great to hear from you! Thanks buddy :). I've sent a promo code your way just in case you want to give it an early try

14. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    Appreciate it! Always enjoy your games.. Will definitely give feedback and promo for it... You guys have a Facebook page?

15. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    #15 Mr. Charley, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
    Thanks for the prerelease code! This game is a really highly polished puzzler. The graphics have a really nice style to them. I also like not having to achieve 3 stars for a perfect level but rather the 3 pieces of a heart. It's a nice simple change if you ask me. Controls work great and are really simple. Only thing that's not simple is wrapping my head around the "mirror" gameplay. But that's on me! :)
    I think this is a great direction for a very different game from your sports games! Hope you get lots of success (but don't forget your sports roots!) :)

16. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Just seen the article and video and its looks pretty interesting. I like the payment system for it also.

17. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Naquatic,

How does the promo code work if the game is scheduled to be released as a freemium title with IAP?

Love the art style and the relaxing ambiance. How tough are the platforming challenges? Is it more a puzzle game than platform game? Or vice versa (like Thomas Was Alone)? Are there any timed challenges (not a fan of them) in this game?

18. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    We do! https://www.facebook.com/Naquatic

Don't worry, love can coexist peacefully with sports ;)

Thanks ste86uk!!

19. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    You guys have great game going here! Like how the music keeps going between levels.. This game has tons of long term potential, I think, too... More level packs, variations on gameplay, etc. I also think it has some of your best chances to get big recognition, it's really a tight experience.

...also, have you guys watched Parks and Recreation? Cuz the characters sure seems like Ron Swanson and Leslie Knope :D

20. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Early Impressions

The game is really good! Challenging, yet total fun. You can expect high quality NAquatic style, with fun and addicting gameplay. It will rattle your brain, in a good way. Highly polished and with a IAP model that is fair (IAP to unlock more levels).

I am thankful for receiving a code and I must say, much different from Naquatic's past releases. A great direction for Naquatic and starting off strong as always.

Highly recommend, especially for puzzle fans. Btw, love the art work too!