Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. TexasTed

TexasTed Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Is it April yet or still January?

Loving the warmer than usual temps for mid January. Back to winter in a couple days is expected.

Congrats everyone on the limiteds and quick success on the Garnets. There is still plenty time left to get one or two this month. I got my first Garnet on the 4th or 5th and the 2nd in the Nursery now. Always great to see the special timer # that you are hoping for. I was so used to getting the normal 6 or 8 hour fails that I was pleasantly surprised to get the Garnets, was cruise breeding and not expecting the good luck.

I have a couple eggs to make (Platinum, Equinox and Apocalypse) over the weekend if nothing new is released today. Feeling like we may get a surprise update or new content loaded today since BFS has been quietly enjoying the limiteds extension. Waiting for another island and anticipating they will release an Epic shrine (rainbow, sun/moon, etc. shrines) sometime in the future. They keep coming up with creative surprises so I am looking forward to what they will add in the future. I have an island full of egg statues that will transform sometime into a picture but right now too many other priorities.

Have a great weekend!

2. Lao-shu

Lao-shu Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    If they do make an epic shrine, I hope it doesn't level up in the same way the regular shrines did. That was so boring! And it would be very annoying to have to tie up breeding caves, making that many epic dragons.

I have been happy with most of the recent developments, except Bring Em Back, which has caused a lot of painfully long fails. So whatever they do next, I think it'll probably be an improvement.

3. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    OMG....I cannot believe it. :eek: Second Garnet is cooking on the EPI directly after I finished the first one. That was back-to-back, 2 Garnets in a row. That's never happened to me before :p:p

4. TexasTed

TexasTed Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    CONGRATS - very cool! Slim chance to get one, amazing to get two back to back! Both of mine were bred on the island also. No luck from the cave. Have not seen anything yet but heard some people are getting banners saying this weekend is the last weekend for the Limiteds.

5. Thornefeather

Thornefeather Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Job seeker
    Virginia, USA
    I got the notification about this weekend being it for the return of the limiteds. I'll be glad when it's over so I can focus on Garnet without fear of an Eclipse fail.

6. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Finally finished the shrines.

7. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    Congrats on your long awaited LY!!! The many fails finally paid off!
    And just in time since BS announced that the Bring 'Em Back event will be gone after this weekend. Phew!
    I do hope everyone got their Limiteds during this time! Good luck to anybody still trying~

8. Aiera Kyoto

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    And congrats to those who got their Garnets! I saw people fuming over the Solar Eclipse fails on DV's Facebook page (and I think there are one or two here as well). Lucky!!

And good luck for those trying to get Garnets, we still have more than half of January so don't panic! ^^

9. ~ebbnflow~

~ebbnflow~ Active Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Congrats on golding all your shrines. Did you use your billion to crown a dragon? I finally crowned the Forge dragon and it took me 12 days to do it (1,310,720 treats x 4). I chose Forge because it was named after me and the metal habitat holds the most coins (among non-epics) at 125,000. Now, I see the Forge dragon strutting his stuff all regal-like. :D

I may crown BackFlip's Paper dragon next. :cool:

10. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Happy new year everyone!!

Hope everyone had a good Xmas and new year!!

No garnet for me yet and just got my THIRD solar eclipse fail :( so that's one cave tied up for the weekend. I know we still have over half of January left but I would have liked at least one garnet by now :(

Congrats to everyone who got their missing dragons during the 'comeback' period! :)

11. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Well got my 3rd garnet so I'm going to try for a couple clovers before the end of the weekend. We'll see how it goes.

Good luck everyone!

12. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    So sorry to hear that you have had 3 solar eclipse failures :( I got my 2 Garnets but held my breath everytime I hit the breed button. Was orginally going to wait to try for it until the limited event was over but when they extended it figured I might as well try. I got one in the cave and one on the island so hopefully you will have good luck on your next try.

Hang in there.

13. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    No, I haven't done anything except level up enough of my dragons to 15 to gold my last two shrines. I haven't decided what I'm going to do next.

I went to your park and checked out your Forge. I had never seen a level 20 dragon before. Good work.

14. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    My forge is lvl 19 and once there's a level cap increase ill make him 20. Forge (named Diablo) will be my 3rd lvl 20 and my lvl 17 O.G. Fire dragon (who I made a baby to match the game icon) will be my 4th lvl 20.

I can't wait for another island and a cap increase and another epic building we can use. I'm hoping after the bring em backs leave this weekend that they have something new in store for us since they had all that time to do so. I'm predicting an update soon.

15. Korvaire

Korvaire Active Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Same here Jaz, no garnets, another solar incubating, another solar breeding.

Not complaining as I have all my dragons and eggs except gold olympus. But I ran out of room on my islands, they are just a hodgepodge right now.

Had a terrific Holiday, much happiness and merrymaking down on the farm. Everyone left this weekend and back to normal. Hope everyone enjoyed theirs also.

Keeping fingers crossed that Allanon's prediction comes true.

Korv

16. Aiera Kyoto

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    Platinum!!!

I just got the 40 hour timer (upgraded island) wíth Rust/Water for Platinum!!! Yes!! Thank goodness it's not another Silver episode for me, that was such a pain to deal with.

Sorry, I couldn't help posting this after the experience with the Silver dragon. I am surprised that Platinum came this quickly compared to its brother and sister metals. Good luck with breeding everyone!!

17. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    After hundreds of tries finally got sapphire, the last limited I needed an egg for!!!

Now to work on garnet

18. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    Maybe it has something to do with the limiteds being back but I'm missing these dragons in the market: Sandstorm, Current, Plasma, Dodo, Ironwood, Malachite, Blue Fire, and Frostfire.

19. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Well crap, I hope ironwood is still breedable bc I still need a second one.

20. ~ebbnflow~

~ebbnflow~ Active Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Allanon, I think this explains a lot about the value of your theme park (over 8 billion). I remember jtfields above me in park value standing (gamecenter) until I pursued the crowning of a dragon. I think we'll see jtfields playing catch-up and splurging on that spinning crown, soon. Congrats on the Sapphire egg, just got mine, too. :D