Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-14-2014, 01:25 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Tap Tap Flap

Old 02-14-2014, 04:48 AM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Slow motion version of Flappy Bird. What doesn't mean that it's easy. Adequate ("genre-typical") frustration factor. Made 8 points within five minutes. Has some framerate issues (tested on iPad Air) but well playable. One leaderboard in Game Center. No ads as far as I can see. Quick restart (could be even quicker). Supports a pause function like Flappy Bird v. 1.0.1. You get your first star with five or six gates. Minimal sound effects.

Maybe somebody could see Tap Tap Flap as kind of a training for the real thing. Not bad anyway.

Edit: 13 points after another five minutes (rank #1 out of 12 players for the time being). It seems that the framerate issues become worse the longer you play, devs should look into it. Will pick it up again for sure when I'm in the mood…

Last edited by Habakuk; 02-14-2014 at 05:15 AM..
Old 02-14-2014, 12:18 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
It seems that the frame rate issues become worse the longer you play, devs should look into it.
Hi, the dev here. Could you provide a little more detail on the frame rate issue? I have played several games this morning on a test build to scores of 50+ back to back and not been able to reproduce any type of fps issue. But I admit to not owning every possible variation of iDevice to test on.

Thanks for the nice review here in the thread. I hope we can find and solve this frame rate issue for you.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:35 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

FB clone #27 of the week..
Old 02-14-2014, 04:40 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simengie View Post
Hi, the dev here. Could you provide a little more detail on the frame rate issue? I have played several games this morning on a test build to scores of 50+ back to back
Wow you're good in your game. Did you register Game Center? Or is it some special version without any external connections. Maybe it's that what's responsible for some frame rate issues (or not). (Sorry I'm not a programmer—just an idea because I couldn't find any entry with 50 points in GC. I'm still #1 ex aequo with a second player with my 13 gates.) 193 GC players now.

Quote:
and not been able to reproduce any type of fps issue. But I admit to not owning every possible variation of iDevice to test on.
Here: iPad Air (128 GB Cellular), latest iOS, never jailbroken, in x2 mode (doubles pixels). Maybe I'll test it with iPhone 5 and iPad 4 later.

Quote:
Thanks for the nice review here in the thread. I hope we can find and solve this frame rate issue for you.
Thanks as well. Nice contribution to my flappies folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mene View Post
FB clone #27 of the week..
Nope. There are not many good Flappy Bird clones in form of iOS apps. (Maybe there are some pretty good browser games.) This one is an interesting slow motion version with almost the same (or even worse maybe) frustration factor as the original.

So if you like challenging games you should try it. It's free and there aren't any ads or IAPs or any other crap so far. Tell us your highscore please.

Last edited by Habakuk; 02-14-2014 at 04:49 PM..
Old 02-14-2014, 10:04 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
Wow you're good in your game.
I just turn off death in the test build. Nothing special I cheat. On GC I am at 9 gates I think. Hint: Blue Corvette.

Quote:
Here: iPad Air (128 GB Cellular), latest iOS, never jailbroken, in x2 mode (doubles pixels). Maybe I'll test it with iPhone 5 and iPad 4 later.
We tested on an iPad3 (slowest of slow retina iPads) today and did not see this specific issue. But we also were trying to track down a crashing bug from the main menu. Think they may be related so hopefully the fix we have submitted will fix it for you. When 1.0.1 comes out let us know if you still see the issue and if so we will dig back into it. Also going to get some testers with iPad Airs to check it out as well just to keep looking into it.

Quote:
Thanks as well. Nice contribution to my flappies folder.
Glad you like it.