In App Purchase Carry over???

11-16-2013, 06:23 PM
In App Purchase Carry over???

Hello people. I have a question. I have an Ipad mini and I'm going to buy the Ipad air or Ipad 3 in three or four months. I know you can download a game you already bought on a second Ipad but can you download the IAP as well without paying a second time? For example, I like playing the Elder Sign and Zen Pinball games but if I buy the IAP for them, will I have to pay for them a second time when I buy my second Ipad?
11-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Any purchase that is not consumable (e.g. coin packs) you can re-download without paying a second time.

Need proofreading, editing or writing done for your game?
Contact me via PM or email and we can talk.

11-16-2013, 06:57 PM
How can you tell by looking at the buttons whether it is consumable or not though?
11-16-2013, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
How can you tell by looking at the buttons whether it is consumable or not though?
If the item bought gets lost when used up, it is consumable. IAPs with permanent effects like doublers, character unlocks and chapter unlocks are non-consumable.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-16-2013, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
If the item bought gets lost when used up, it is consumable. IAPs with permanent effects like doublers, character unlocks and chapter unlocks are non-consumable.
Duh, I know that.
11-16-2013, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Except, not always, Rubicon's recent game for instance contains a "consumable" tripler, and occasionally devs will attach consumables to a permanant IAP. It's really just whatever they decide to make them.
11-16-2013, 08:36 PM
That leads me to my question again, how is there a way to know for certain cause there are sooooo many different inapps nowadays?

And how can kids know what is what? Or even some parents who know nothing of gaming?

I think they need to make the buttons somehow different, like universal apps with the plus sign.
11-16-2013, 09:07 PM
Im pretty sure In-App purchases can be locked.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-17-2013, 01:15 PM
If you restore your new iPad from a backup of the old iPad then it'll have everything the old one had.