Is there a Rolando Help Thread? I'm stuck on Firework Factory

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Fatboyslick, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Fatboyslick

Fatboyslick Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Hey

did a search and couldnt find a thread with tips etc so can anyone direct me to it if it exists.

If not - how the buggery do you complete the Firework Factory level????

Cheers kids

2. Fatboyslick

Fatboyslick Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Surely someone can help me please ?
    This level has ruined a great game :(

3. Genius

Genius Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    What part are you stuck at?

4. Fatboyslick

Fatboyslick Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Early on - trying toov the bombs to blow up the blocks but I can't get the bombs over to the other conveyor belt

5. InfernalEternal

InfernalEternal New Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Fireworks Factory

From memory...

Take the lift on the left, jump to the upper platform with the bomb tap. Push a bomb to the right conveyor belt, it should blow up the left most block. Change the direction of the left conveyor belt (flick it) and push a bomb over to it to blow up the right block.

To blow up the block on the right most conveyor belt, go back to the upper platform with the bomb tap. Connect the dots to form a bridge and transfer the yellow dot to the upper dot. Create a bridge of sorts to connect the right conveyor belt to the right most conveyor belt. Flick the right conveyor belt (right direction). Now just push a bomb onto it, it should go down the bridge and blow up the block.

Hope that helps. :D

6. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Nice, didn't know about that website with maps! That's really useful for this sort of thing.

Important here, just in case it was part of the problem, conveyor belt direction can be changed with a swipe. Then, indeed, push to the right and use a 'draw-bridge to guide the bomb over to the right.

7. Fatboyslick

Fatboyslick Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Cheers guys

I hadn't realised you could change the direction of the conveyor belts!!!

8. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Sweet, glad to have got you unstuck. The conveyor belts are possibly one of the less intuitive game mechanics in Rolando –*no obvious 'use finger' icon or anything. Conveniently they are also one of the least used; in fact if memory serves it may be only that level and one secret one that use them. And they were ditched in Rolando 2, along with the 'draw bridges' :(, which were my favourite mechanic in Rolando.

9. Fatboyslick

Fatboyslick Member

Sep 26, 2009
    I kind of like to stick to one game before moving on to the next and although I bought Rolando 2 out of sheer excitement, I wanted to finally nail R1...but the damn Firework Level was just blocking me

Thanks again

PS is there a R2 level guide as i'll no doubt be stuck on that at some point!