TouchArcade app battery drain.

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Greyskull, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I don't know what goes on behind the curtains of the Touch Arcade iOS app, but I've has one problem in using tt vs. browsing the site online...battery drain. I'm not joking when I say that using the official app drains about 1% of my battey every 2 minutes or so. When I browse the site on the web, including posting, searching, etc. I can go a good 10 minutes before I experience a comparable amount of battery drain.

I understand that this might just be the nature of native apps vs. plain old web coding, but if there is any extraneous data transfer or Pre-cacheing going on, or whatever it might be, maybe you could look into it.

Or not. Just bringing this issue up in case no one has reported a similar situation.

2. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    not something I've noticed, but I'll let the dev know so he can look into it

arn

3. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    I've been using the app for about 3 hours and my battery is doing well, going from about 80% to 60% which IMO is not bad since ive replied to threads, PMed, browsed through different threads and so on.

4. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    I asked the dev to look into it, and he couldn't find anything that would explain any excessive battery draw.

I also use the app pretty regularly and haven't noticed anything unusual.

arn

5. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Is your device jailbroken? If so it could be a jailbreak tweak that is killing your battery, not TA.