iPhone Slime City

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Weston100, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Weston100

Weston100 Active Member

#1 Weston100, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
    Hello TA,

We're the two guys who made Metal Drift (PC-steam) and Fluxe (iPhone/iPod). We're in development on our next project, Slime City (iPad/PC). We wanted to post some work. Mostly to keep us motivated.

Slime City is a 'castle defense'/city building game. But instead of the enemy being a row of baddies on a linear course; it's a slime, that expands in all directions. So defeating it is a completely different challenge from your average castle/tower defense game.

Your city is there to provide cash to buy weapons, to fight the slime. The more efficient your city is, the more cash you get to buy weapons.

You will be the commander of an elite slime fighting force. Here we have 3 members of your 7-8 person team.
    Brighton (on the left) will introduce you to new, unlocked equipment. Maj. Fairchild will relay orders from the top and keep you apprised of changing battle conditions. Dr. Neem will reveal new information about your mysterious foe, the slime.

[​IMG]

Here are a couple of building animation tests with 'beta' buildings and terrain.

Hey, also, here's our facebook page. Your comments on our progress are extremely helpful and motivating. We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Weston & Brian
    Black Jacket Games
    www.blackjacketgames.com
    www.facebook.com/slimecity
    @BlackJacketPDX

2. Weston100

Weston100 Active Member

#2 Weston100, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
    The central HUB of every city is the HQ. It's also where resources are dropped and launched to the orbiting fabricators to pump out more buildings.

[​IMG]

Just added our first piece of key art to our facebook page. Yay.

[​IMG]

3. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    The concept sounds interesting.

4. Weston100

Weston100 Active Member

We just finished our first voice test with our in-game characters, Dr. Neem and Brighton.

Voice work by Ian Karmel and Dirk Marshall. Dialogue from 'The Food Photographer.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4BjpZmYOOk

5. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Why are you posting so early in the development stage?

6. Weston100

Weston100 Active Member

@Peewhy So we're starting early for a few reasons:

1. We are a microscopic team, without the budget for a big marketing push at the end.
    2. It helps us to stay focused and motivated if we can share our progress with a community.
    3. We want to see if anyone cares about the idea before we get all the way to the end.

I often wonder why games don't start showing their progress earlier.

7. Weston100

Weston100 Active Member

Hey Happy belated new year everyone!

[​IMG]

8. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Any plans to make it play on iPod touch?

9. crazy_gamer

crazy_gamer Member

Jan 6, 2013
    It,s interesting ....
    Why do you Guys think the game is clear. Because i already like this game !! And do you already know how much money this app Will be? I think you have already 1 person who want this game :)

10. Weston100

Weston100 Active Member

@bramblett05 We may take it to iPod/iPhone. There's a concern about screen size with an RTS, but that might not be a problem.

@crazy_gamer I'm not sure what you mean by 'game is clear'. I'm glad you like what we've shown so far! Comments like yours keep us going!

We're not sure what the price will be. We're looking at games like Plants VS. Zombies or World of Goo for comparable price points. Probably a bit less expensive than those.

11. crazy_gamer

crazy_gamer Member

Jan 6, 2013
    I mean when the game come out . Any date ?

12. lazynahte

lazynahte Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Student
    I love the art style in this... You don't mind if I use it as my timeline cover on Facebook?

13. Weston100

Weston100 Active Member

@crazy_gamer No date yet. Our next step is a Kickstarter campaign. Completion speed will depend on how well the campaign goes.

@lazynahte Not at all, that would be awesome, thanks!

14. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Looks interesting, reminds me of Creeper World.
    I like your art style.
    I'll keep an eye out for your Kickstarter.

15. Weston100

Weston100 Active Member

@HLW Thanks! We were actually inspired by Mario Sunshine and a game called 'Bit shifter'. We didn't discover Creeper World until later, but it is in the same genre for sure.

16. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    How IAP heavy will this be? You hear "city building" these days and you're flooded with thoughts of crummy "social" games that only let you play for five minutes before making you wait 12 hours for energy to recharge.

17. Weston100

Weston100 Active Member

#17 Weston100, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
    Some shots and a flyover of one of the starting terrains, before the city building begins. See our latest blog post for more info

[​IMG]

@MidianGTX We don't have a fixed plan for IAPs. We don't want long waits for unlocks. But we will likely offer special upgrades and equipment as IAPs. Think War Craft 2, rather than Farmville.

18. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Sounds good to me. Stunning artwork too, I'll be keeping an eye on this.

19. Weston100

Weston100 Active Member

@MidianGTX Thanks! We'll be posting regular updates every Thursday on our blog and on facebook. They'll probably trickle onto this thread too : )

20. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    really digging the aesthetics here