★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Super Crate Box vs. Muffin Knight

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Super Crate Box 84 55.63%
Muffin Knight 45 29.80%
Both are equal 17 11.26%
Both of them stink 5 3.31%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll
01-24-2012, 01:14 PM
http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/sli...-muffin-knight

Quote:
On this week's podcast, we invited the developers behind the similarly-themed games Super Crate Box and Muffin Knight to discuss the difference between cloning and taking inspiration. Was it a civil conversation over tea and crumpets, or an all-out fight to the death? Listen to find out!
01-24-2012, 02:06 PM
I actually laughed quite a bit during the podcast.

So are they the same game? "Umm...well, Super Crate Box is Super Crate Box." It's funnier in the podcast!

Most ppl don't know that MK gets easier the more you suck then everybody laughed including me.

"You'll have to make the next counter 2 billion crates." - "Well, that'll take two weeks!"

Best part: "A really good player won't get scared of the disc gun, he'll get scared of the dual pistols." Lol...so true!

Second best part: Talking about Fingle

Bogdan from Angrymob, "Puzzlejuice - doing three things at once really is too much, but it's awesome."

*Vlambeer is striking back at Ninja Fishing...Boom, can you say gonna be an amazing game!

Overall, it was a really good interview and I liked the answers from both Bogdan and Rami.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
01-24-2012, 03:02 PM
It's been a while since I've played Muffin Knight, so I might have to give it a try again now that it has had some updates. I actually almost avoided SCB because I had read that it was the inspiration for Muffin Knight. However, a really strong review for the game made me change my mind, and I'm glad I did. Despite basically having less of everything than Muffin Knight, there's something about SCB that to me makes it more fun. I have it installed on both my iPod Touch and iPad and I'm sure I've racked up several hours of play time on both machines by now.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre